Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Made a Hi-Lift mount for my spare tire

Old 05-27-2012, 12:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Made a Hi-Lift mount for my spare tire

So I got bored and decided to make a Hi-Lift mount that goes through the center hole of the spare tire. It can out better than I original expected. Best part, it's doesn't rattle at all. I just need to get the handle keeper back from my friend to keep the handle from moving.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-1...1/IMG_0771.JPG

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-w...1/IMG_0772.JPG
Old 05-27-2012, 01:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

That rocks! Great job.
Old 05-27-2012, 02:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks alot!
Old 05-28-2012, 05:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

that's a nice build. i've been trying to find a clever way to mount my hi lift somewhere on the jeep, that's a really good idea! nice job
Old 05-30-2012, 01:04 PM
sky
JK Enthusiast

Can you post of pic of the mount w/ out the hi lift mounted so I can 'borrow' (steal) your idea?
Old 05-30-2012, 04:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sky
Can you post of pic of the mount w/ out the hi lift mounted so I can 'borrow' (steal) your idea?
I don't have one but I'll try and take one over the weekend. I need to put another coat of paint on it. I actually stole the idea from this - http://www.man-a-fre.com/fjcruiser/fj-hljm01.gif. I wound up making one for my friends FJ also. I bought a spare tire mounting plate online and welded a 1 1/2 x 1 1/2 x 14GA square tube to it. I had to grind down the corners on the square tube to fit through the stock wheel. It was too big by a 1/16" or so. The spare tire mount is sandwiched between the wheel and spare tire holder. The Hi-Lift part is 1 3/4 x 1 3/4 x 14GA to slide over it. I'm thinking of adding a shovel mount or a Roto-Pax so I want with the 1 1/2 x 1 1/2 for a strong mount. The Hi-Lift plate is 2" x 3/16" x 7" with 3 hole drilled in it. I added the 3rd for a lock just to keep the amateur thieves away. It barely rattles when I was out on the beach this weekend.
Old 06-06-2012, 04:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sky
Between the weather and work I haven't had a chance to take the tire off. It's supposed to be nice this weekend so I am going to try and paint it again.

Quick Reply: Made a Hi-Lift mount for my spare tire