Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

M416 Project

Old 04-07-2014, 08:11 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default M416 Project

Just had my m416 sandblasted and looking into rhino lining, herculine, or some kind of tub protection, looking to hear of others experiences....been doing some research and can't seem to find any info on weather or not I should leave bare metal or prime tub before hand. Also I know herculiner is diy but is the cost savings worth the effort? Or should I spend the money on rhino? Any help would be great
Old 04-07-2014, 08:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'd like to know for my m100
Old 04-08-2014, 04:10 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by meekel
Just had my m416 sandblasted and looking into rhino lining, herculine, or some kind of tub protection, looking to hear of others experiences....been doing some research and can't seem to find any info on weather or not I should leave bare metal or prime tub before hand. Also I know herculiner is diy but is the cost savings worth the effort? Or should I spend the money on rhino? Any help would be great
upol raptor liner and use their upol primer.
Old 04-08-2014, 02:42 PM
JK Newbie

Ok, so I've made several calls to different herculiner and linex installers. Getting prices starting at $450 ending at $675. This is more than I was expecting especially since it's been sandblasted already. I use this thing....mulch, fill, dump runs etc... So I'm off to plan b. unfortunately with so many mixed reviews on the various DIY kits, I think I'm going to paint the tub and protect the floor with a solid rubber mat that can be rinsed. So here's the next ???. Paint and primer...any recommendations? Also the frame, was thinking por-15 but now that the frame is done there's nothing for it to stick to unless I leave it outside to rust up a little, but that just seems dumb.
Old 04-08-2014, 04:20 PM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default walmart has rustolium etching primer

I prepped & primed my bare metal bumper now will have 3 coats of bedliner id do 3 coats of etcing primer , so prob 6 cans at 4.50 a can will work well . Then bedline it 3 coats

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9808 (2).jpg
Views:	125
Size:	78.3 KB
ID:	544297 other wise what ever you put on will flake off w/out etching primer I think .

Last edited by jeepmojo; 04-08-2014 at 04:24 PM.

Quick Reply: M416 Project