Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

M/T tire that is good in snow and rain ?

Old 02-08-2011, 09:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Birdman
The nitto trail grapplers are awesome! They are absolutely perfect. They are great in the rain, snow, dirt, and mud. The are pretty quite tires as well and they wear very well.
What size tire did you go with?
Old 02-08-2011, 09:06 PM
JK Newbie

Question

[QUOTE=Wrangler_Jay;2086823]. I was thinking of selling the stock wheels and tires but I guess I could be swayed to reconsider I suppose to keep em for the salty snow roads in the winter months.

Was thinking the same thing. Bought some wheels and Bridgestone MT's here on the forum but the Goodyear Wrangler SR-A's that came stock on my JK were great on the snow and ice. Just seems a lot easier to keep the extra set. Could always use some money for more parts though....
Old 02-08-2011, 09:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Brentmo
I was thinking of selling the stock wheels and tires but I guess I could be swayed to reconsider I suppose to keep em for the salty snow roads in the winter months.

Was thinking the same thing. Bought some wheels and Bridgestone MT's here on the forum but the Goodyear Wrangler SR-A's that came stock on my JK were great on the snow and ice. Just seems a lot easier to keep the extra set. Could always use some money for more parts though....
its definitely an issue for sure, lol. I know I could sling my stock 18" sahara's and the tires for a good $700 since the tread is only worn down about 30%.

I mean $700 bucks plus 300 from my own pocket could get me some brand new gears installed with labor.... but then again its nice to have a nice back up set just incase if a bad winter comes in....

Last edited by Wrangler_Jay; 02-08-2011 at 09:25 PM.
Old 02-09-2011, 06:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dirty Dog
Yokohama Geolander M/T
I second that! Absolutely best M/T i've ever had in the rain, and they eat snow like its not even there.

-Adam
Old 02-09-2011, 07:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by isolated1523
I second that! Absolutely best M/T i've ever had in the rain, and they eat snow like its not even there.

-Adam
interesting... never even heard of the Yokohama M/T before.

Quick Reply: M/T tire that is good in snow and rain ?