Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

M/T Classic II's

Old 07-11-2010, 05:47 AM
Former Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by adamisadam
Actually, the wheel I saw in person that I fell in love with is not the Classic II, it's the Pro Comp 1069! I made a mistake. But look at the Classic II v the Pro Comp 1069 v Eagle Alloy 186. Can anyone point out the differences? maybe I'll start a separate thread:

Attachment 76334Attachment 76335Attachment 76336Attachment 76337
Green is Pro Comp, Red is Eagle, Silver is Classic II, White is MB72

There are subtle differences, but I do not think that they add up to too much. Before I purchased my 15x8 1069's, I wanted to make sure that the calipers would not rub (which they didn't at 3.75" backspacing), and the 1069's were also the lightest, coming in at 15 lbs. When I had my 33x10.5 bfg a/t ko's on this wheel, i saved about 10 lbs per axle and really felt it in acceleration and handling.
Old 01-27-2011, 12:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i was going to wait for the classic ii that come out if feb. with he black finish... i really liked the signature series look but didn't like the price or the idea of trying to find a limited edition wheel if i muck one up down the road.... do you think the black will have all the problems y'all are saying with polish or road salt?
Old 01-27-2011, 01:26 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by bosscj351
I'm in the same boat as you. I'm also looking at the MT Classic II; however, I've been told by several people that you have to really maintain the wheel or it will get blotches and fade pretty quick. I've searched the internet for an answer, but most places just tell me to keep them polished. Now, I've heard that this goes for any polished wheel that isn't coated, but I'm still trying to get more info. I hope that I didn't discourage you from the MT Classic II. I hope that anyone else with an opinion or actual hands-on experience will share their problems (or lack of problems).
I have these rims and treated them with Eastwood's SharkHide. I can just wash them with soap and water and they look new.

Last edited by capt_howdey; 01-27-2011 at 01:29 PM. Reason: added pic....
Old 01-27-2011, 03:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by capt_howdey

I have these rims and treated them with Eastwood's SharkHide. I can just wash them with soap and water and they look new.
Awesome! Thanks for the tip. I think I'll polish mine back up and give that a try after winter.

Quick Reply: M/T Classic II's