Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

M/T Classic II's

Old 01-21-2009, 02:17 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default M/T Classic II's

so im tryn to figure a wheel to go with I really like the M/T classic II's what do u all think? are they a good wheel or not?
Old 01-21-2009, 02:23 PM
JK Super Freak

I'm in the same boat as you. I'm also looking at the MT Classic II; however, I've been told by several people that you have to really maintain the wheel or it will get blotches and fade pretty quick. I've searched the internet for an answer, but most places just tell me to keep them polished. Now, I've heard that this goes for any polished wheel that isn't coated, but I'm still trying to get more info. I hope that I didn't discourage you from the MT Classic II. I hope that anyone else with an opinion or actual hands-on experience will share their problems (or lack of problems).
Old 01-21-2009, 02:46 PM
JK Newbie

thats what I have heard also, but I dont mind to polish the wheels every so often if it keeps them looking good, I cant find another wheel that I like. after I decide on my wheel then I got to go through the mess of finding a road worthy 35x12.50 but I must say I do enjoy the research
Old 01-21-2009, 02:55 PM
JK Freak

Eagle alloys has the same rim.
Old 01-21-2009, 03:05 PM
JK Freak

I bought the classic IIs for my Tundra two years ago. I waxed the heck out of them all Fall only to have one winter fade and "blacken" the finish by Spring. No amount of polishing brought them back. Perhaps in a warmer climate they'd hold up, but don't for one minute think they will be salt friendly! I was really disappointed.
Old 01-21-2009, 03:13 PM
JK Newbie

what do you guys use to polish them? I just got a set and I'm in the market for something to keep them looking good. Thanks!
Old 01-21-2009, 05:35 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by guidoverduci
what do you guys use to polish them? I just got a set and I'm in the market for something to keep them looking good. Thanks!
I use mothers rim polish for this kind of finish. I have done plenty of mag wheels on semi's and the fastest way is to use the ball on the end of a drill.
Old 01-21-2009, 05:39 PM
JK Super Freak

I have had mine on for a year now and they still look great.
I have only polished them once.

Just so you know it is not a mall crawler

Old 01-22-2009, 02:49 PM
JK Super Freak

Great input guys, I really appreciate it. I'm still kinda' torn between getting them and not.
Old 01-22-2009, 03:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by batchpad2000
so im tryn to figure a wheel to go with I really like the M/T classic II's what do u all think? are they a good wheel or not?

Luv em

I went with the Pro Comp version because the 17x9 were only $110

Quick Reply: M/T Classic II's