Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

M.O.R.E. Body Lift on 08 2DR problems

Old 12-02-2007, 06:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default M.O.R.E. Body Lift on 08 2DR problems

Well, bought the body lift from David at Northridge A couple of weeks ago, went to put it on today. Looked all over for the 2nd to last mount on each side only to realize DC eliminated it...so there are only 8 body mounts on the 08 2dr instead of the 10 on the 07...

It gets better..... The 2 mounts at the rear have larger bolts than the rest.. They are 14mm..... Being that it is Sunday, I ran to Taylor's Do It and they didn't have one long enough.. Home Depot doesn't have 14mm bolts... So I immediately called David (not expecting an answer) and he was there.... I explained my situation and he said he just found out about the change between 07-08 on Friday.. He is going to ship out the correct bolts and make it right. Awesome customer service!!!! Even answered their phone on Sunday!!!

Other than that, the lift went smoothly.. Having some problems with the shifter popping out of 2,4,6,R... I have read where it will break-in in about a week.. I did push the inner boot down as far as I could get it to go and that made it somewhat better.... Anybody have any other ideas??? I heard about cutting the inner boot, but don't want to cut the wrong area and jack it up...
Old 12-02-2007, 07:24 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Talking

On most BL's, the floor pan hole that the shift normally works within is now higher, and the shifter can hit the rim on the way through its shift, etc...

Sometimes, grinding a little more from the hole's edge where it hits (If, after pulling the boot back, you can see if/where its hitting, and clearance the metal or rubber, etc, what ever's in the way.

Check the 4 lo shift as well as the tranny btw....good practice.

Old 12-02-2007, 08:26 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

David and Northridge 4X4 kicks ass!

Quick Reply: M.O.R.E. Body Lift on 08 2DR problems