Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

M.O.R.E. 1" body lift conflict with 2010 Rubi Unlimited

Old 08-21-2010, 04:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default M.O.R.E. 1" body lift conflict with 2010 Rubi Unlimited

So I installed the M.O.R.E. 1" body lift today so I could make my rubi rails work with Shrockworks sliders (I know it's not necessary but it looks clean). On my Jeep there are only 5 mount points per side - not 6 like the WOL writeup or M.O.R.E. installation guide suggests. The one between the spring seat and the shock is not there. The rear most mount is beefed up though and uses a larger washer and bolt. So the smaller bolts and spacers with the smaller inner diameter were a no go. Had to use washers out of the bolt bucket and grind the flange and 1/8 inch off the factory bolts to make it work. Has anyone else run into this?
Old 08-21-2010, 05:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Not sure

I've never heard of a JK/U that didn't have 12 body lift mounts. You're MORE body lift should have come with 2 aluminum spacers and 2 bolts for those rear mounts that are larger in diameter.

Might want to look closer at the jeep and the kit?
Old 08-21-2010, 05:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah me too. All spacers were uniform. All bolts were uniform. And the spot where the other mounts would have been were just holes in the body and frame.
Old 08-21-2010, 06:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Did you buy your JK used? New? If new, take it back to the dealer ASAP if these mounts are missing. If used, someone probably got to those body mounts before you did...Hell, I'd take it back new or used from whoever you bought it from if these are missing. That's BS.

As for the kit, I would call MORE and discuss your issues. There should positively be 2 spacers and bolts that are sized differently than the rest for your rear mounts.

Last edited by nukeman; 08-21-2010 at 06:52 PM.
Old 08-21-2010, 08:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wvhasty
Yeah me too. All spacers were uniform. All bolts were uniform. And the spot where the other mounts would have been were just holes in the body and frame.
Curious to see a pic of what it looks like. I had mine specifically made to work without a BL, but I am considering doing a BL anyways to get a little extra room for 37s. I am also looking at getting the same BL since it is on sale right now.
Old 08-22-2010, 03:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

something here i do not think 2010 jk have 6 the BL i put on went on great so i guess its just fine with 5
Old 08-22-2010, 04:30 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I put my dads BL on his 2010 and I was left with 2 extra bolts/pucks.
Old 08-22-2010, 06:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by azxr
Curious to see a pic of what it looks like. I had mine specifically made to work without a BL, but I am considering doing a BL anyways to get a little extra room for 37s. I am also looking at getting the same BL since it is on sale right now.
I'm pretty happy with it. I have about .5" of clearance all around the supports on the Shrockworks rails.

Old 08-22-2010, 07:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by planman
Since I did the picture edit below, I found out that 2008+ JKs have fewer body mounts than 2007s, and the rear most body mounts take a larger/wider bolt.

WOL's write-up is on an 07.

Here are pics of a bare frame and a pic from the M.O.R.E. install instructions (08s+ don't have #s 9 and 10):

Then why does my '09 have them (all 12).
Old 08-22-2010, 07:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by planman
They sent you the 07 kit instead of the 08+ kit.
Sounds like the distributor I ordered it through may have made a mistake. I'll get it cleared up on Monday. Thanks.

Quick Reply: M.O.R.E. 1" body lift conflict with 2010 Rubi Unlimited