Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

M-force shock problem - Full Traction

Old 04-17-2007, 07:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default M-force shock problem - Full Traction

I've held off on telling this story for a while now, just so I could tell everyone the whole story start to finish.

Early last week I noticed that my left rear shock was leaking fluid, so I pick up the phone and call direct to Full Traction. The guy on the phone tells me that they would be happy to replace the shock if it met their warranty replacement standards. He started to tell me where I could ship the busted shock to, and I promptly stopped him and said "Wait one minute, are you telling me I have to ship you this old shock before you will ship me a new one?". His reply was "Yes". I informed the guy that my jeep is a daily driver for me especially since my motorcycle is wrecked and in repairs right now and couldn't do that. His suggestion to me was to buy a new shock and when I get it send the old one back and they will see if it is under warranty and replace it. This pissed me off a lilttle, but I reluctantly agreed thinking I had no other choice. I'm asked to hold on a minute while the guy looks to see if they have a shock in stock to ship me (after I pay him of course). He returns to the phone and says, "Dude, looks like you might be out of luck we don't seem to have a shock in stock for you". I stayed calm... he then told me that he would have to hunt around for one and call me in the morning.

So, the next morning comes and goes. This was last Friday. No phone call from Full Traction. I call in the afternoon Central time and a man tells me the guy handling my account is on break. I leave my name and number with him, and he assures me that the guy will call me back. To this day they have not returned my call.

Yesterday morning, Monday, I called Quadratec. This is where I made the original purchase and told the customer service agent my story. He was outraged, and said he had had problems in the past with FT and been forced to get the owner on the phone. He assured me that he would personally get that shock to me and we would worry about returning the old one at a later date.

The shock arrived today, and it is now installed on the jeep. I had forgotten how nice it was to drive with 4 fully functioning shocks instead of just 3 and a spring.

Anywho, I'm extremely pleased with the customer service I got from Quadratec and will be forever using them.

Hopefully soon I'll be completely done with dealing with Full Traction. Sometime soon, they promise i'll get the rear track bar strap bracket and bolts that were missing from my suspension kit.

Thanks for letting me vent!!!

Jared
Old 04-17-2007, 07:15 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Classic case of you being one little ol' customer that they could care less about versus all the sales they make through quadratec.. I'm sure they would hate to lose quadratec as a retailer
Old 04-17-2007, 07:16 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Wow, I'm really sorry to hear about your experience but just out of curiosity, why didn't you just contact Quadratec to begin with. That is afterall who you bought the product from and ultimately, I think that's who should be taking care of you. I mean, if you bought a package of cheeze from your local grocery store that turned out to be moldy inside, would you call Kraft Foods to ask for a replacement? Either way, I'm glad to hear you got your Jeep back in order and I'm glad to hear that Quadratec took care of you.

Last edited by wayoflife; 04-17-2007 at 07:31 PM.
Old 04-17-2007, 07:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default First call

You're right, I should have called Quadratec first. But, I was already dealing with FT on the missing bracket and bolts and decided to call them instead.

As of today FT hadn't shipped my bracket and bolts. I got them on the phone again, and without even an apology, they promised to ship it today 2nd day air and i would have it on Thursday. We'll see.... At least the 3" Premium kit is a quality product that I know i'll enjoy at some point....

Originally Posted by wayoflife
Wow, I'm really sorry to hear about your experience but just out of curiosity, why didn't you just contact Quadratec to begin with. That's who you bought the product from and ultimately, that's who I think should be taking care of you (and I'm glad they did). Either way, I'm glad to hear you got your Jeep back in order.
Old 04-17-2007, 07:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

everytime i have delt with warenty work on either a car, or suspension, or anything for that matter the company wanted the old item to inspect before they either fixed or replaced it. So i wouldnt get on them for that. And the fact that they had none in the factory is wierd but you also cant really get mad at that. And possibly they even have a good answer for why they havent called you back yet. I cant really explain why they didnt include everything needed in your kit though...

Hopefully it all works out for you

and hopefully this was just a fluke and not a trend because id like to get the full traction lift :sad:
Old 04-17-2007, 07:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Definitely don't let this thread disuade you from buying a Full Traction lift. The product is of high quality IMHO, and I know i'll get years of enjoyment out of it. This is just a little snafu that I wanted to let everyone know about.

At least Quadratec didn't want me to send them the old shock before replacing it first.

Originally Posted by mlbplayer86
everytime i have delt with warenty work on either a car, or suspension, or anything for that matter the company wanted the old item to inspect before they either fixed or replaced it. So i wouldnt get on them for that. And the fact that they had none in the factory is wierd but you also cant really get mad at that. And possibly they even have a good answer for why they havent called you back yet. I cant really explain why they didnt include everything needed in your kit though...

Hopefully it all works out for you

and hopefully this was just a fluke and not a trend because id like to get the full traction lift :sad:
Old 04-17-2007, 07:34 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeh, your best bet is to call the people you ordered from. Alot of these manufacturers aren't set up to deal one on one with sales orders, that is why they have venders to do it for them. Especially right now as they are scrambling to get new products out the door. If you would have gone through Quadretec for the track bar bracket you may have had that by now too.
Old 04-17-2007, 08:34 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Rubimon
Yeh, your best bet is to call the people you ordered from. Alot of these manufacturers aren't set up to deal one on one with sales orders, that is why they have venders to do it for them. Especially right now as they are scrambling to get new products out the door. If you would have gone through Quadretec for the track bar bracket you may have had that by now too.

Exactly. Glad everything worked out for you.
Old 04-18-2007, 05:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wayoflife
Wow, I'm really sorry to hear about your experience but just out of curiosity, why didn't you just contact Quadratec to begin with. That is afterall who you bought the product from and ultimately, I think that's who should be taking care of you. I mean, if you bought a package of cheeze from your local grocery store that turned out to be moldy inside, would you call Kraft Foods to ask for a replacement? Either way, I'm glad to hear you got your Jeep back in order and I'm glad to hear that Quadratec took care of you.
While this may be true, it doesn't excuse Full Traction from giving him the run-around. If it is their policy to have customers deal with the vendor for replacements, then they should have told him that first thing. When they told him that they would be happy to replace the shock, they should have done so. All the rest is BS.

By the way, I have one of MY M-force rear shocks which has blown the oil as well, so I'm in the exact same boat. Have to get in touch with Northridge 4x4 instead of calling Full Traction, I guess!

-E
Old 04-18-2007, 05:50 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Jake_Blues
While this may be true, it doesn't excuse Full Traction from giving him the run-around. If it is their policy to have customers deal with the vendor for replacements, then they should have told him that first thing. When they told him that they would be happy to replace the shock, they should have done so. All the rest is BS.

By the way, I have one of MY M-force rear shocks which has blown the oil as well, so I'm in the exact same boat. Have to get in touch with Northridge 4x4 instead of calling Full Traction, I guess!

-E
Ummm, did I ever try to excuse Full Traction for anything? As I recall saying, "wow, I'm really sorry to hear about your experience..." The only point I was trying to make is that in any situation, I personally think it makes more sense to deal with the vendor you purchased a product from directly rather than to deal with the manufacturer itself. After all, it is in the best interest of the manufacturer to keep their vendors happy (their direct customers) and in the best interest of a vendor to keep you, the customer happy. For instance, I just bought a new Whirlpool washer and drier from Costco that was drop shipped directly from Whrilpool. Unfortunately, both arrived beat to crap and the driver said that I needed to contact Whirlpool to get replacements. Well, I did on their advice and guess what, I got the run around - imagine that. So, I abandoned their suggestion and contacted Costco about my problem and guess what - I got a very understanding and helpful customer rep that explained that she would take care of everything for me. Need I say, a couple of days later I got my replacments.

Look, what happend clearly sucked and I'll I'm trying to do is offer some advice as to how to handle things in the future. At least, it's advice that has always worked for me. But, hey you can take it or leave it.

Quick Reply: M-force shock problem - Full Traction