Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Lunchbox locker in automatic JKU front axle

Old 06-27-2021, 12:58 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lunchbox locker in automatic JKU front axle

So I installed a

Sylvan Reinforced Automotive Climb Master Second Edition Differential Locker

basically an Aussie locker clone in my Dana 30 in my automatic 2014 Sahara unlimited. The first trip around the yard on grass in 2wd the steering was a little pushy but no to bad so I moved to pavement and it felt locked and traction control and abs lights were flashing. I got it sadly turned around went back home and talked to some folks and decided to try again. Second trip drove perfect no noise or clicking just like stock. Even went to abandoned parking lot and cut donuts and figure 8s different speeds and braking still perfect..... two more perfect test drives. Next day was going to do some dirt road riding and had aired down before we hit gravel. On the way on a hard right turn the traction and abs lights flashed and steering vanished till I came to a stop. It’s has been fine since then but I’m thinking of putting in a switch to totally disable the traction/abs stuff. Any thought or advice?

Quick Reply: Lunchbox locker in automatic JKU front axle