Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Lug Nuts for AEV pintlers

Old 12-17-2009, 09:48 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lug Nuts for AEV pintlers

h$$p://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_Wheel-Lug-Nut---Locking-Dorman_9100273-P_969_R%7CGRPWHELAMS_104980895

These are the lug nuts that I am running. They were the easiest I found, due to the internal locking design, AEV have a very narrow lug nut hole. They have held up so far, is there a need for more beefier lug nuts?
Old 12-17-2009, 10:05 AM
JK Newbie

link is not working ^
Old 12-17-2009, 11:21 AM
JK Junkie

I actually run the OEM lugnuts.....but you need a long thin walled socket to tighten them up....I bought a second set to carry in the jeep, otherwise you cant change a tire....

even though I have locking lugnuts, I guess this issue is great that only a thin walled socket can remove the wheel, as thieves can't steal them with any old tire iron
Old 12-17-2009, 11:35 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 07rubisteve
I actually run the OEM lugnuts.....but you need a long thin walled socket to tighten them up....I bought a second set to carry in the jeep, otherwise you cant change a tire....

even though I have locking lugnuts, I guess this issue is great that only a thin walled socket can remove the wheel, as thieves can't steal them with any old tire iron
That's good to know. I guess I will use the oem lugs to get me by. I think I have a set of sockets that will work.
Old 12-17-2009, 12:03 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by frankie945
link is not working ^
URL is fine.
We can't post a clickable link to a non-sponsors product. Cut and paste it, fix the "http" or leave that part off.

I also use stock lugs for my AEVs with a thin wall 19mm socket.
I ordered the MOPAR locking lugs at one time, but they wouldn't fit in the holes.
Old 12-17-2009, 12:31 PM
JK Super Freak

I cant find a thin walled 19mm socket to save my life around here. Is there any rule of thumb with respect to lug nuts. The lug nuts i have now seem to be fine, but are not as beefy as the stock ones.

Quick Reply: Lug Nuts for AEV pintlers