Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Ls install time frame

Old 06-14-2015, 07:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ls install time frame

For the ones who installed an LS using the Motech Kit. How long did it take you to completely finish the installation? I am bumping this up as I have not heard anything from anybody but want as much information as possible to make my finale decision. Install my self or have Motech install it.

Last edited by 4wheels4life; 06-23-2015 at 06:55 PM.
Old 06-23-2015, 06:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Still looking for help.
Old 06-23-2015, 07:16 PM
JK Freak

Look on Cr****list for some good old boys in KS that are advertising LS installs. I saw them on my local Colorado Springs page and the price looked right.
Old 06-24-2015, 02:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Really? Here in kansas, didnt know of any but I will look into it. Did you get an LS?
Old 06-24-2015, 05:39 AM
Cod
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You get what you pay for, MoTech will give you non-stop customer service and guidance....

Take Novak for example... they sell you the kit, give you everything you think you need, take your money and you never hear from them again.......I have seen Robbie try to straighten out their mess, offering up Tech support etc to the guy who screwed up and bought the Novak conversion.

If you're doing an LS you can't go wrong with Robbie at MoTech....., if you can your best bet is to take to Robbie or one of his installers, he has them in Louisiana and Alabama I believe right now....

Install time in a shop I would guess at 3 to 4 weeks or longer depending on how smooth things go, there is a lot of back and forth shipping to MoTech with the computers.

Last edited by Cod; 06-24-2015 at 06:20 AM.
Old 06-24-2015, 09:54 AM
JK Newbie

Give Jeff at Bruiser Conversions a call.
Old 06-24-2015, 07:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Cod
You get what you pay for, MoTech will give you non-stop customer service and guidance....

Take Novak for example... they sell you the kit, give you everything you think you need, take your money and you never hear from them again.......I have seen Robbie try to straighten out their mess, offering up Tech support etc to the guy who screwed up and bought the Novak conversion.

If you're doing an LS you can't go wrong with Robbie at MoTech....., if you can your best bet is to take to Robbie or one of his installers, he has them in Louisiana and Alabama I believe right now....

Install time in a shop I would guess at 3 to 4 weeks or longer depending on how smooth things go, there is a lot of back and forth shipping to MoTech with the computers.
Robbie is the way I am leaning, hard to beat someone who helps and gives out advice like he does. Plus if any gremlins pop up during install it is there and he will take care of it. Then my penny pinching side kicks in and I think of the savings of doing it myself, actually it would end up being a project between me and the boys, as soon as the youngest comes home from the military. Working on the wife with it going to Robbie in Vegas, saying we would be able to go pick it up and she could hit up some of the shows there in Vegas then.
Old 06-25-2015, 04:43 AM
Cod
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 4wheels4life
Robbie is the way I am leaning, hard to beat someone who helps and gives out advice like he does. Plus if any gremlins pop up during install it is there and he will take care of it. Then my penny pinching side kicks in and I think of the savings of doing it myself, actually it would end up being a project between me and the boys, as soon as the youngest comes home from the military. Working on the wife with it going to Robbie in Vegas, saying we would be able to go pick it up and she could hit up some of the shows there in Vegas then.
With you being in Kansas you have two options Robbie or John in Louisiana, he's one of Robbie's installers / diagnostic guys, should you elect to go with MoTech kit.

Old 06-25-2015, 07:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks COD, Motech kit is what I would use. Still would like to know how long it has taken others to install using the motech kit though.
Old 06-28-2015, 08:25 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 4wheels4life
Thanks COD, Motech kit is what I would use. Still would like to know how long it has taken others to install using the motech kit though.
my mechanic did it in around 45 hours.. Robbie was very helpfull.

Quick Reply: Ls install time frame