Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

LPG Conversion

Old 05-25-2010, 06:45 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LPG Conversion

Hi.
Probably this thread will be mostly for folks from European countries and Australians but all input is appreciated. I will be shipping my jeep to Europe in few months and i am thinking about LPG conversion. Initial idea is to replace OEM muffler with one of those high clerance mufflers installed under the driver's seat and use gained space for LPG bottle.
My questions are following:
1. Did anyone already converted JK to LPG and can provide some feedback
2. Which muffler should i consider (Performance would be more important than sound)
3. Cars converted to LPG loose some performance - what other mods should i consider to re-gain lost power (hypertech and K&M filter already installed)

Last edited by maciej24; 11-05-2011 at 07:32 AM.
Old 05-25-2010, 06:51 PM
JK Jedi Master

I haven't seen anyone, at least on JK-Forum, convert their JK to LPG yet. You may be the first. Not sure that relocating the muffler would give you much room for a reasonable sized tank, but the MBRP or Rancho exhaust with a dump after the muffler would probably give you the needed space behind the axle.
Old 05-25-2010, 11:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

good luck. i was considering doing that myself but i need more information too.

Quick Reply: LPG Conversion