Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Lowering the transfer case??

Old 04-25-2009, 08:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lowering the transfer case??

I was looking at the front driveshaft because of my 4" lift its pretty close to the deadly boot problem everyone has talked about. I had a guy that is driving a tricked out 86 that he built. He said I should think about an aftermarket shaft but also I should build some spacers to lower the transfer case whats everyones opinion on that and if its a good idea then what about the shifter knob being lowed inside the vehicle would you buy a longer one ???????? Thanks everyone if you have input before I have to buy any material for the job. I really dont want to have that boot fail.
Old 04-25-2009, 08:39 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You can't lower the TC in a JK. It's desighned different than TJ's and such.
Old 04-25-2009, 08:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well that answers my question Thanks for the info And thanks for not flaming me for the bushlegue question

Quick Reply: Lowering the transfer case??