Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Lower/upper control arm lengths for 2.5" lift on a 2-door?

Old 01-22-2011, 01:25 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jlarso
Thanks for the response. I am in the process of making a set of control arms for my unit and wanted to make sure the Tera Flex lengths were good as mine will be welded and not adjustable.
Everyones lifts are different especially with heavy bumpers, winches, tire carriers, So those numbers are a good starting point.
You may want to tack weld up your arms first them mount them. You could check your camper and pinion angle at that time. You would need a good angle finder. There are some magnetic mount readers for camber available also. Then you could weld them up and be good to go. Its alot of work! Goodluck
Old 01-22-2011, 01:33 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Several companies sell 'fixed' arms, or a Fixed/adj combo. Touch base with them to see what lengths they are using for your lift height.
Old 01-28-2011, 08:46 PM
JK Freak

Any more input?
Old 04-10-2011, 06:00 PM
JK Freak

Bump since I'm buying my lift kit soon!
Old 04-10-2011, 07:00 PM
JK Super Freak

I have 2.5 teraflex coil and Dave from Northridge recommended to me to also get front adj trackbar and adj front lowers and I should be plenty fine. I have the lift in except the lower control arms or trackbar! It rides great with the stock 32's so far. This week I will be put on my 35 MTRs on and drive it see how it drives. Then install the lowers and front trackbar by next weekend!
Old 04-24-2011, 07:43 PM
JK Super Freak

I put in my trackbar this weekend and wow what a difference. My jeep must of been doglegging or something before. I should of installed the adj front trackbar a long time ago.

Quick Reply: Lower/upper control arm lengths for 2.5" lift on a 2-door?