Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

lower or upper control arm?

Old 07-23-2009, 10:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lower or upper control arm?

should i buy lower or upper control arm to realign the jeep. i will buy track bar fr and rr. i will also buy a bether ss. what els should i buy to make sure the f$$ing death wobble goes away.

ajustable track bar front
track bar rear
front lower or upper control arm.

i am on a tight buget right now so i need to buy the basic first. the rest will come next.

french canadian.

thanks

Last edited by wayoflife; 07-23-2009 at 11:37 AM. Reason: blacklisted manufacturer
Old 07-23-2009, 11:21 AM
JK Freak

Before you spend any money, search for death wobble and you stand a 99% chance of fixing it without spending a dime!

Good luck
Old 07-23-2009, 11:36 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Save some money and give stan a call at Northridge4x4 Canada

www.northridge4x4.ca

David
Old 07-23-2009, 03:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

well i already look at a few post about death wobble but they all say its 98% the track bar... and the castor that is not right. dont know how i can do something wih no money except tighting bolts.
Old 07-23-2009, 06:07 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

If it is 'flighty handling' and not actually Deathwobble, yes, a set of CA's will help with it. Upper or lower is your choice.

Uppers are less expensive, but do not have the range of adjustment that lowers do. (since they are adjusted 'shorter' than stock to correct the caster) You also have to cut a bolt to remove the stock passenger side upper CA, which may or may not influence your decision.

Lowers are more expensive, but also give more adjustability.

The stock steering stabilizer shouldn't really need to be replaced, as long as the rest of your setup is dialed in. (unless it is actually bad?) You'll see posts on here from people not running any stabilizer at all.

Last edited by nthinuf; 07-23-2009 at 06:17 PM.

Quick Reply: lower or upper control arm?