Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Lower rear control arms

Old 11-10-2009, 02:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rock Crawler Degree Wedges

Buy these from Rock Crawler or Northridge for $30. It should help. It got my springs of my stock track bar after putting control arms on and moving the axle back. Theres some threads on them.
Old 11-11-2009, 12:47 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by texmexjeeper
i have noticed my rear coils bowed out a lil toward the rear on mine, what do you do to correct that? if the control arms don't push the axle back, what could be done. or is it the lower rear push out 5/8 of an inch, and the top rear pull in 1" to get it all straight?
The axle being moved back causes the spring perches to not line up thus creating an arch effect. you can either get new mounts,cut your old ones and reweld em into place,or get the rear coil wedges from Rock krawler. lots of different ways to attack it.
Old 11-11-2009, 04:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

I had that problem also when I installed my adjustables. I took and cut off the existing spring perches and put the bolt on ones on. Took care of the Bowing problem and the coils hitting the track bar.

Quick Reply: Lower rear control arms