Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Lower Control Rear Arms

Old 09-15-2020, 10:32 AM
Super Moderator

Received 480 Likes on 431 Posts
Default Lower Control Rear Arms

Even though my footer says Metalcloak LCAs I only had the fronts installed up to last Saturday. I had to actually find the rears stashed away in the garage. What drove me to hurry and get them installed was with the LT / 8 spd auto conversion the T-Case angle and rear diff angle with the 3" MC lift actually made the driveshaft too straight. With this I got the familiar buffering vibration at around 70mph which I knew from experience what the problem is. I took the Jeep to the driveshaft shop and he advised to angle the pinion down about 2-3*. For that one needs adjustability so on went the new MC LCA on the rear turned out about 4 threads from comparison with the stock arms. The driveshaft vibration is gone now (if I left it it would take the U-Joint out) and is nice and smooth. Another benefit, which I was unaware would happen, was the rear sits ever slightly lower now and rides bumps a little better - and that is comparing my rear door rattle over the same bumps that now makes the door quiet. Did not know moving the bottom arms out nearly 1/2" would make that much change in suspension geometry and feel. Only took 1.5 hours to do including beer break.
The following 2 users liked this post by Sixty4x4:
Lance Davis (09-21-2020), Sv_dude (09-16-2020)

Quick Reply: Lower Control Rear Arms