Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Lower Control Arm (LCA) adjustment side orientation question

Old 05-04-2013, 10:19 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lower Control Arm (LCA) adjustment side orientation question

I picked up a set of Currie control arms, all 8, and mounted them with 2.5 Teraflex coil lift.

From basic searches, it seems that most manufacturers say to mount the adjustable / brass side on the axle side. But Currie says to mount them frame side. I went with the earlier and went axle side, as I didn't find the instructions until after the install. They are correctly installed in that the front bend inward, and the rears are straight. I've been driving them around the last few days without problems.

What is the harm in leaving them as is? I know that I should follow correct procedures, but I can't seem to find logic behind it since misalignment of the joints would occur the same way regardless of where the adjustment side is. All installed LCAs have their grease nipples on top.

Please provide insight. Thanks in advance!
Old 05-04-2013, 10:21 PM
JK Newbie

Forgot to mention, its on a 2012 JKUR.
Old 05-05-2013, 07:45 AM
JK Freak

Bump for OP....interested to hear the correct answer.
Old 05-06-2013, 07:03 PM
JK Newbie

Anyone? Bueller?
Old 05-06-2013, 07:54 PM
JK Jedi

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I run Currie Front uppers, rest are all Rock Krawler. I'd flip your grease fittings downward for ease of greasing. Also, the brass fitting should be axle side as this end is your flex 'johnny joint', main flex joint on your arms. Allows the most articulation at the axle end. You could leave them, you may loose some smooth flex though. I'd swap em
Old 05-07-2013, 07:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree with K0260 about having grease fittings pointing down, since this is an important maintenance consideration. Keep the grease fitting where you can reach it easily.
However, if the grease fitting is at risk of bring sheared off by being exposed to rocks, then you might want to follow Currie's advice to install the joint on the frame side.

Quick Reply: Lower Control Arm (LCA) adjustment side orientation question