Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Low-cost / Free mods that should be done?

Old 01-30-2012, 09:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ignatius504

I unplugged the seatbelt plug from under the drivers seat and installed a mini fuse into the plug. No more seatbelt dinging at all. Ever!
Wow, there are much easier ways to do it. In fact I think it's even in the owners manual.
Old 01-30-2012, 09:42 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by ScaleJK4x4

I've got a better mod for the seatbelt dinging..... WEAR YOUR SEATBELT! Unless you enjoy being a lawn dart?
Some of us have to make short drives from house to barn, making it not time worthy to put on the seatbelt for a couple hundred yards.

I always wear my seat belt once i hit concrete. BUT off road i don't wear mine, because most of my off roading is done on my grandparent's land when I'm checking fences and livestock.
Old 01-30-2012, 09:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

I turned mine off. I have a 2012 4 dr also.

Here are the steps to deactivate the chime (picked this up from another forum, should be in the owner's manual, too):

1. turn the ignition switch to the OFF position, and buckle your seat belt while sitting in the drivers seat.

2. turn the ignition key to the ACCESSORY/RUN position (engine does not need to be running), and wait for the seat belt warning light to turn off.

3. unbuckle and then re-buckle your seat belt at least three times within 10 seconds, ending with theseat belt buckled. then start the jeep. (i don't know if starting is necessary, but i did it)

4. turn the ignition key to the OFF position. A single chime will sound to signify that you have successfully completed the programming.

next time you start the jeep, you'll hear the initial fasten seat belt chimes, but the continuous chiming reminder will be turned off. the light in the dash will remain on, though.
Old 01-30-2012, 10:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Zaskar forgot his disclaimer - "Do NOT perform this easy/free mod if your Jeep is only used as a carpool vehicle."
Old 01-30-2012, 11:16 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ranjr

Wow, there are much easier ways to do it. In fact I think it's even in the owners manual.
Exactly.........
Old 01-30-2012, 12:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ranjr
Zaskar forgot his disclaimer - "Do NOT perform this easy/free mod if your Jeep is only used as a carpool vehicle."
sorry forgot that
Old 01-30-2012, 01:02 PM
JK Newbie

Not sure if it's listed, but I just Plasti-Dip'd my grill last night. Pretty easy to do:

1. Pop out 6 plastic tabs along the top (under the hood).
2. Pull out grill forward to pop out tabs in the bottom.
3. Unscrew turn signal bulbs and pop out the orange lenses. Pretty easy, lenses are held in with two tabs.
4. Clean entire grill as best you can.
5. Spray 3-4 coats of Plasti-Dip! 3 Coats uses about 1 spray can. Took no more than maybe 20 minutes of actual work (plus drying time).

With Plasti-Dip you don't have to tape anything off, since it's spray on rubber you can just trim off whatever you don't want with an Xacto knife. I'll probably cut the Jeep logo out to leave it chrome.
Old 01-30-2012, 01:08 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ignatius504
I unplugged the seatbelt plug from under the drivers seat and installed a mini fuse into the plug. No more seatbelt dinging at all. Ever!
I forgot the exact instructions, but i found them on here, you turn your key one click and buckle/unbuckle your seat like 10 times or something...I'd look for the link for ya if I had more time but your SOL lol, take care!
Old 01-30-2012, 03:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Always wear seatbelt. Just got tired of hearing the dings when I put my key in! LMFAO.... for a forum of fellow jeeper's sure are alot of A$$E$!!
Old 01-30-2012, 03:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ScaleJK4x4

I've got a better mod for the seatbelt dinging..... WEAR YOUR SEATBELT! Unless you enjoy being a lawn dart?
HaHa......

Quick Reply: Low-cost / Free mods that should be done?