Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Low-cost / Free mods that should be done?

Old 12-19-2011, 12:45 PM
Vic
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by d2constable
my tailgate mod from home depot for about 20.00 bucks quick fists included, but w/o the axe or shovel.

also drilled the side mirrors
and yeah, I did the door ding dimple mod ( one of my first mods too.)

I know this wasn't free ....but it was stuff I allready had in the shop.
that looks good man
Old 12-19-2011, 01:15 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^^^^one of the first mods I did
Old 12-19-2011, 02:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rockstar007

Turning the dinger off can be achieved without unplugging the seatbelt.......

NOTE: The following steps must occur within the first 60 seconds of the ignition switch being turned to the ON or START position. The manufacturer does not recommend deactivating the Enhanced Warning System (BeltAlert).

1. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position, and buckle the driver or front passenger seat belt.

2. Turn the ignition key to the ACCESSORY/RUN position (engine does not need to be running), and wait for the Seat Belt Warning Light to turn off.

3. Within 60 seconds of starting the vehicle, unbuckle and then re-buckle the driver or front passenger seat belt at least three times within 10 seconds, ending with the seat belt buckled.

4. Turn the ignition key to the OFF position. A single chime will sound to signify that you have successfully completed the programming.
The Enhanced Warning System (BeltAlert) can be reactivated by repeating this procedure.

NOTE: Although the Enhanced Warning System (BeltAlert) has been deactivated, the Seat Belt Warning Light will continue to illuminate while the driver’s seat belt remains unfastened.

RTR
Wow great write up!
Old 12-19-2011, 03:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

NOTE: The following steps must occur within the first 60 seconds of the ignition switch being turned to the ON or START position. The manufacturer does not recommend deactivating the Enhanced Warning System (BeltAlert).

1. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position, and buckle the driver or front passenger seat belt.

2. Turn the ignition key to the ACCESSORY/RUN position (engine does not need to be running), and wait for the Seat Belt Warning Light to turn off.

3. Within 60 seconds of starting the vehicle, unbuckle and then re-buckle the driver or front passenger seat belt at least three times within 10 seconds, ending with the seat belt buckled.

4. Turn the ignition key to the OFF position. A single chime will sound to signify that you have successfully completed the programming.
The Enhanced Warning System (BeltAlert) can be reactivated by repeating this procedure.

NOTE: Although the Enhanced Warning System (BeltAlert) has been deactivated, the Seat Belt Warning Light will continue to illuminate while the driver’s seat belt remains unfastened.

RTR
I did that first but I really hated all the warning beeps when you first put key in ignition. I always wear my seatbelt(always have) so I don't need a warning. LoL....
Old 12-19-2011, 05:27 PM
JK Newbie

Is there a collection of all the programming sequences available on the JK. I love the options and am also humored by all the sequences of do this, do that, repeat 3 times, etc. that are programmed into the vehicle.
Old 12-19-2011, 05:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

RTR
Thank you lord....this is the best thing since sliced bread.
Old 12-20-2011, 04:54 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 87yj
Is there a collection of all the programming sequences available on the JK. I love the options and am also humored by all the sequences of do this, do that, repeat 3 times, etc. that are programmed into the vehicle.
X2 on this
Old 12-20-2011, 05:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JackDANJK22
I wish my vents were that bright silver , probably wouldn't have bothered me as bad ! Mine were a off grey/black ... Unlike anything else on the jeep ! It bothered me for some reason ! Lol the day I went back to the dealership ( drop off loan letter ) there was a white Arctic 2dr in my old spot :( lol ! Of course I checked it out & it had color matched vent covers & handles ! Well ! Here we go $13 later ! I have the Jack Daniels edition white & black baby what you guys think ?
How did you get your vents to come out... been fiddling with them for about a week at stop lights to see if they would pull easily, someone mentioned a quarter turn of the difuser but no go on my 2011...
Old 12-20-2011, 05:51 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its a pretty hard turn to your left just twist hard & it will pop
Old 12-20-2011, 06:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm always tempted to turn off the seatbelt chime, but then I remember the time jump in with the doors off and forgot to put my belt on, and the chime reminded me. While some might say screw it, I'm the kind of idiot driver who would probably fall out making a quick turn. Splat!

Quick Reply: Low-cost / Free mods that should be done?