Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Low-cost / Free mods that should be done?

Old 12-06-2011, 06:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by robsjeep9

See previous post..... The Harley mirrors?
eBay is a fun website. Not as fun as this one, but still fun.
Old 12-06-2011, 06:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by timb04086

The housing twists to the left. The whole thing slides out. I then popped the silver cover off (held by three plastic clips made into the cover) and pulled the vent itself out. It's actually pretty easy. It took about 15 minutes. This way if I need mirrors they are there. If not then I can hide them out of the way.
Thanks a lot !!!!!!
Old 12-06-2011, 06:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I did the same thing with mirrors on my vents only I used double sided Velcro so I can still use the vents for heat when the doors are on. And to answer the question bout how well they work: with the doors off and set up right it perfectly shows ur blind spots. I ran all summer like that with the doors off and saw every car in my blind spots coming up without having to look over my shoulder. They work perfect!
Old 12-06-2011, 06:14 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by yellowtj02
I did the same thing with mirrors on my vents only I used double sided Velcro so I can still use the vents for heat when the doors are on. And to answer the question bout how well they work: with the doors off and set up right it perfectly shows ur blind spots. I ran all summer like that with the doors off and saw every car in my blind spots coming up without having to look over my shoulder. They work perfect!
Ahhhhhh ok so there is a purpose!!! Cool thanks..... never thought about that.
Old 12-06-2011, 06:24 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by robsjeep9

Hey Greenjk07....,
Are you talking about this post????
That post gave me the idea, but I want to say it was WOL that had a thread on them.
Old 12-07-2011, 12:25 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by yellowtj02
The cool thing too is that the mirrors can rotate in different directions to your liking. It's great having these. I didn't think about the Velcro part. But I wanted mine more of a permanent thing. This way I don't have to worry about misplacing my mirrors. Lol.
Old 12-07-2011, 02:30 AM
JK Super Freak

The cool thing too is that the mirrors can rotate in different directions to your liking. It's great having these. I didn't think about the Velcro part. But I wanted mine more of a permanent thing. This way I don't have to worry about misplacing my mirrors. Lol.

I chose to put a rare earth magnet inside the vent which holds the black plastic mirror everyone is using after I glued a super thin piece of metal to the back of the mirror.. As a result I can remove mirror and not have to look at the velcro on the vent. Looks totally clean..
Old 12-07-2011, 07:26 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by MikekiM

I chose to put a rare earth magnet inside the vent which holds the black plastic mirror everyone is using after I glued a super thin piece of metal to the back of the mirror.. As a result I can remove mirror and not have to look at the velcro on the vent. Looks totally clean..
Hey, that's a good idea too. Didn't think of that one either. Lol
Old 12-07-2011, 08:06 AM
JK Super Freak

Hey, that's a good idea too. Didn't think of that one either. Lol
I hot glued a 1x1 magnet behind the front of the vent fins after bedlining (of coarse )

With the mirror off, the black magnet disappears into the darkness of the vent. A 1x1 rare earth magnet is pretty strong so it holds the mirror no problem..
Old 12-07-2011, 11:04 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by MikekiM

I hot glued a 1x1 magnet behind the front of the vent fins after bedlining (of coarse )

With the mirror off, the black magnet disappears into the darkness of the vent. A 1x1 rare earth magnet is pretty strong so it holds the mirror no problem..
I guess I'll have to try this whenever I have to replace mine.

Quick Reply: Low-cost / Free mods that should be done?