Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Low-cost / Free mods that should be done?

Old 12-06-2011, 02:22 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Slob
This is a great mod and I would do this my self but I have a Streamlight (from the polypro line I think) that has a spring loaded clip that fits right in to the attachment points on my Smittybilt G.E.A.R. Seat covers.
Google came up short on this.. Can you give me more on the flash light mount? Is that an attachment to M.O.L.L.E. style points?? I have my MagLite attached to my SmityBilt tailgate organizer using a velcro strap.. not the best way to do it...
Old 12-06-2011, 03:58 AM
JK Newbie

Ive been wanting to turn the line for my rear wiper sprayer into a mister should be fairly cheap
Old 12-06-2011, 04:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would throw the Atenna X shorty replacement in as a really cheap mod as well.
Old 12-06-2011, 04:48 AM
JK Newbie

Default My light install

well not sexy but works for me I just velcro the light to my hand break as it is not used that much however does not
impede use of it at all.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo-1.jpg
Views:	1543
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	246231  
Old 12-06-2011, 05:51 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by MikekiM

Google came up short on this.. Can you give me more on the flash light mount? Is that an attachment to M.O.L.L.E. style points?? I have my MagLite attached to my SmityBilt tailgate organizer using a velcro strap.. not the best way to do it...
I'm pretty sure he's referring to the clip that's on the flashlight itself and he just clips that to a MOLLE webbing.
Old 12-06-2011, 05:58 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JackDANJK22
I seen the mag mod & thought well , useful & cheap ! So I tried her out , its on my new 2012 2 dr , here's my results ! Btw this is the LED 3cell ... It's really really bright ! 135 lumens I think it said ! So for you hardcore offloaders ! I recommend ! What do you guys think ? How's it look ?
Looks awesome, where did you get the clips?
Old 12-06-2011, 06:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by oilfieldjeep
Looks awesome, where did you get the clips?
The clips are at Ace hardware $5 !
Thanks a lot !!
Old 12-06-2011, 06:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MikekiM

Any military surplus should have a molle pouch that will work. He has a streamlight if I remember correctly. Which has potential to be smaller like a mini mag light.
Old 12-06-2011, 07:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JackDANJK22
I seen the mag mod & thought well , useful & cheap ! So I tried her out , its on my new 2012 2 dr , here's my results ! Btw this is the LED 3cell ... It's really really bright ! 135 lumens I think it said ! So for you hardcore offloaders ! I recommend ! What do you guys think ? How's it look ?
Did the same thing right when I bought mine. Love it.

I did the garage door opener behind the plastic on the windshield arm also. Best mod yet. Haven't done really anything else yet though. No $ for mods
Old 12-06-2011, 08:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TriJeepV

Did the same thing right when I bought mine. Love it.

I did the garage door opener behind the plastic on the windshield arm also. Best mod yet. Haven't done really anything else yet though. No $ for mods
O ! I understand you there brother ! Just trying to pay for the damn thing ! Let alone add to It ! So just little stuff for now ! Mag light , handles , & got a brand new mopar jeep fuel door on Craigslist $50 !! so it will be a slow due time for me as well brother !

Quick Reply: Low-cost / Free mods that should be done?