Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Low-cost / Free mods that should be done?

Old 06-09-2014, 04:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TJGoff

Tire shine on the wheels? That's interesting. What if I miss and hit the tires? I'll have to leave the forum.
Set your jeep on fire. Start over. Haha
Old 06-09-2014, 05:09 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Scuba0244
Thoughts on plasti dip..... I've been thinking about doing my wheels, my only reserve is how we'll does it hold up on the lugs when I do tire rotations?? Any suggestions on the best way to apply???
I did my wheels last October. They've held up great so far (through a Maine winter). I did the lugs originally but ended up peeling them off. I think I did 5 coats. Probably going to re do them again in October just to have em fresh. Good luck!

2010 2dr JK sport- stock except some lights and plastidip
Old 06-13-2014, 05:09 AM
JK Newbie

Today's the day!
Picking up my 2014 Willys Wheeler edition from the dealer. I have a list of over 30 mods from this thread I will be tackling this weekend. I totaled them all up and all 30 something will only cost about $250. There are a few that I will do over the next couple months that will cost more, like stubbing the bumper, 2.5" BB Lift, wheel spacers, and a few after market features, but most are free or next to nothing. I will take pics as I go, and post after the weekend to show progress.
Thanks to all who have contributed, this thread and all who share here are awesome.
BTW, my wife asked if she would ever get to drive it, and I said on one condition.....you always wave to ALL other Jeeps!
Old 06-14-2014, 03:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BRZ WLY
Today's the day! Picking up my 2014 Willys Wheeler edition from the dealer. I have a list of over 30 mods from this thread I will be tackling this weekend. I totaled them all up and all 30 something will only cost about $250. There are a few that I will do over the next couple months that will cost more, like stubbing the bumper, 2.5" BB Lift, wheel spacers, and a few after market features, but most are free or next to nothing. I will take pics as I go, and post after the weekend to show progress. Thanks to all who have contributed, this thread and all who share here are awesome. BTW, my wife asked if she would ever get to drive it, and I said on one condition.....you always wave to ALL other Jeeps!

You can stub the front bumper. For the cost or
Old 06-14-2014, 03:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BRZ WLY
Today's the day! Picking up my 2014 Willys Wheeler edition from the dealer. I have a list of over 30 mods from this thread I will be tackling this weekend. I totaled them all up and all 30 something will only cost about $250. There are a few that I will do over the next couple months that will cost more, like stubbing the bumper, 2.5" BB Lift, wheel spacers, and a few after market features, but most are free or next to nothing. I will take pics as I go, and post after the weekend to show progress. Thanks to all who have contributed, this thread and all who share here are awesome. BTW, my wife asked if she would ever get to drive it, and I said on one condition.....you always wave to ALL other Jeeps!

You can stub the front bumper for the cost of rivets. Look at my picture.
Old 06-14-2014, 09:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TJGoff
Tire shine on the wheels? That's interesting. What if I miss and hit the tires? I'll have to leave the forum.
Lol rubber renewers work well also, silicone based products. Nothin wrong with lookin good!!
Old 06-14-2014, 10:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Nothing wrong with "Armor All" type products. It just makes it easier to clean off the dirt if you decide you really want to...if being the operative word.
Old 06-15-2014, 09:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Swapped my grill mounted turn signals on my '12 for clear ones off the '14.... $34 on eBay and they're Mopar parts from a jeep dealer in the Midwest!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2448155142.jpg
Views:	1128
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	559819   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-475804364.jpg
Views:	1327
Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	559820  
Old 06-15-2014, 10:50 AM
JK Newbie

For the guys who hate the key-in-ignition door chime, I found this on another forum. I haven't tried it, mainly because ever since I installed a remote start my chime doesn't ding anymore (malfunction or coincidence? I don't care, I'm glad it's off). So feel free to give this a try and see if it works for you!

Hey guys,
If your key in ignition chime annoys you there is an easy fix.
Remove the shroud under the steering column
Turn the key to red lights on the dash
Push the little tab under your column that is on the ignition barrel and pull the key out, the whole barrel will come with it.
Look in the hole the ignition barrel has left
You will see a small black tab. Grabit with a pair of needle nose pliers and twist it as though you are trying to turn the key off untill it snaps.
Once it is gone you will have to turn the little barrel it sits in till the red lights ate on the dash again.
Insert the barrel along with the key and it will clip into place.

No more dinging.
Screw the shroud back on. All done.
Hope you enjoyed a little aussie ingenuity.
Peace out
Old 06-15-2014, 01:33 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FLJKU
Swapped my grill mounted turn signals on my '12 for clear ones off the '14.... $34 on eBay and they're Mopar parts from a jeep dealer in the Midwest!
I paid $22 for them at my local dealership

Quick Reply: Low-cost / Free mods that should be done?