Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Low-cost / Free mods that should be done?

Old 05-13-2014, 06:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jkrubcon
What ground do you speak of? Also doesn't the computer need to see the shifter in "park"?
I'm not sure if your using a stock radio or aftermarket, BUT if your using an aftermarket.......look up "MicroBypass Parking Brake Override Bypass" on Amazon. I just installed a JVC and ordered this part and wired it up very easily behind the radio and it works perfect. I think you have to have a "Lockpic" for the stock radios.
Old 05-13-2014, 10:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RMucho
It's the 21st century. People don't talk anymore. They are face deep in a device now. Bwahahahhaa
What do you need a video screen in a Jeep for anyways? I don't even know why its an option.
Old 05-13-2014, 10:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ChairRepairHeatnAir
What do you need a video screen in a Jeep for anyways? I don't even know why its an option.
To watch "Frozen"!!! Duh.
Old 05-13-2014, 10:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So you can crank one out while someone's getting winched out LOL
Old 05-13-2014, 10:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

I watch my trailer in the rear view camera over tricky sections. Without the trailer, it works well to make sure the guy behind me isn't too close and is able to make it through without me turning my head as my rearview is often blocked. Some guys mount a camera deep underneath the rear bumper, pointing forward so they can watch clearances over rocks to avoid damage.
With the Kenwoods, it's a piece of cake, just attach the reverse wire to any ground and you are good to go.

Last edited by ShakyJake; 05-13-2014 at 10:39 AM.
Old 05-13-2014, 10:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Lmao!!!! I was just going to say......I personally have no need for a video screen (and I don't watch much tv) in a vehicle but I do travel a lot with kids and it's very entertaining for them.
Old 05-13-2014, 11:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ACLeeJK
Lmao!!!! I was just going to say......I personally have no need for a video screen (and I don't watch much tv) in a vehicle but I do travel a lot with kids and it's very entertaining for them.
totally off topic, and maybe a little forward........but my god you are beautiful.
Old 05-13-2014, 11:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sillybubba
totally off topic, and maybe a little forward........but my god you are beautiful.
Silly bubba lol!!
Old 05-13-2014, 12:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sillybubba
Thank you...ok now back to jeep talk.
Old 05-14-2014, 12:50 PM
JK Newbie

Cool

Originally Posted by Renegade44
The nebo redline 310 is a nice light. I've got two of them. They make a great tactical light too mounted. Mag lites are crap in comparison.
Nothing beats the size of a Maglite in case you need to jump out and bust someone's ass. Ha ha, just kidding, I wouldn't do that, I'd grab my 45.

Quick Reply: Low-cost / Free mods that should be done?