Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Low-cost / Free mods that should be done?

Old 02-14-2014, 09:09 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rig Rubbers Clear Edition JK Paint protection system. Good cheap insurance against pin stripping and other nasty stuff.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2224.jpg
Views:	3960
Size:	73.4 KB
ID:	531027
Old 02-15-2014, 06:42 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GentleGiant
Which model did you get? Did you replace the front ones also?
no I didn't replace the front ones yet
Old 02-15-2014, 09:09 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by DanBlan
Rig Rubbers Clear Edition JK Paint protection system. Good cheap insurance against pin stripping and other nasty stuff.
Attachment 531027
More info on the pin striping insurance please...

Matthew
Old 02-15-2014, 09:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Does anyone know of an easy way to make a summer top?
Old 02-15-2014, 09:17 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by robbins84
Does anyone know of an easy way to make a summer top?
If you have a hard top: Hacksaw half of it off
If you have a soft top: knife

In seriousness though ... depends what you want out of a summer top. If you have a hard top you can use the freedom panels as a stand alone bikini hard top. If you are looking for just a bikini top they are pretty cheap as it is so not sure if its worth the hassle. I've seen a coupleposts on the forum where people have made them though. Don't have any handy references though. I personally run a spiderwebshade for summer with a soft top for when it rains a lot. You get the open air feel without the sunburn.
Old 02-15-2014, 10:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

i have a hard top i didnt think of useing the freedom panels as a bikini top. Good idea!
Old 02-15-2014, 11:12 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by robbins84
i have a hard top i didnt think of useing the freedom panels as a bikini top. Good idea!
There's black tabs you lower on the panels, then use the screws to lock them down. Forget to lower the tabs, then the screws may go thru the roof. Hint: it's in the owners book.
Old 02-23-2014, 03:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Anyone working on anything new?
Old 02-23-2014, 05:10 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Vladimer
If you have a hard top: Hacksaw half of it off If you have a soft top: knife In seriousness though ... depends what you want out of a summer top. If you have a hard top you can use the freedom panels as a stand alone bikini hard top. If you are looking for just a bikini top they are pretty cheap as it is so not sure if its worth the hassle. I've seen a coupleposts on the forum where people have made them though. Don't have any handy references though. I personally run a spiderwebshade for summer with a soft top for when it rains a lot. You get the open air feel without the sunburn.
X2 on the spiderweb shade. One of the best things I have ever bought for either my TJ or JK.
Old 02-23-2014, 06:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Vladimer
If you have a hard top: Hacksaw half of it off If you have a soft top: knife In seriousness though ... depends what you want out of a summer top. If you have a hard top you can use the freedom panels as a stand alone bikini hard top. If you are looking for just a bikini top they are pretty cheap as it is so not sure if its worth the hassle. I've seen a coupleposts on the forum where people have made them though. Don't have any handy references though. I personally run a spiderwebshade for summer with a soft top for when it rains a lot. You get the open air feel without the sunburn.
SWS: I have struggled withy the best way to run during the summer months. Finally decided to run this way. Good to hear that the soft top and the SWS works well for you.

Quick Reply: Low-cost / Free mods that should be done?