Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Low-cost / Free mods that should be done?

Old 10-08-2013, 11:22 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Holster set up

I like that set up have the same glock and a CCW however in Oklahoma that would not be considered concealed. Still trying to figure out a solution as glove box or center console just are not adequate.

Originally Posted by NM_JK
I rigged up a removable holster for my Glock 17/19. It cost less than $25 and seems to be working fine. I bought a Blackhawk holster and some industrial strength Velcro from Walmart. The holster already had the loop portion of the Velcro sewn into it on the right side for putting an adjustable strap on it. I cut off the material covering the Velcro on that side and then put a piece of the latch Velcro on the side of my console. Because I got a few pieces of Velcro in my pack, I'm going to sew a thin piece into the mag pouch and put another strip on my consol just to have Velcro on every contact point (it still holds good even as I have it set up now). Here are some pics of how it turned out...

Old 10-09-2013, 01:04 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by keith6
I like that set up have the same glock and a CCW however in Oklahoma that would not be considered concealed. Still trying to figure out a solution as glove box or center console just are not adequate.
I like it! I've got the same glock.
Old 10-09-2013, 01:16 PM
JK Freak

Would that be legal under the open carry law though? I read that if you have your CCW then you can also openly carry. Just wonderin'
Edit: and I saw that you're in Tulsa, me too! Were you at the jeepers anonymous gathering last night?
Old 10-09-2013, 04:39 PM
JK Junkie

I do something similar, get a plastic LEFT handed retention type holster, then mount it a good bit further down closer to your knee than your hip

It's more secure as far as falling out of holster while jeeping and its a lot more concealed!

I typically have a subcompact Glock .40, a model 27, nice and compact but 10+1 rounds

Matthew
Old 10-10-2013, 07:42 PM
JK Newbie

Hey everyone I don't know if it's been thought of before but I thought I'd share anyway. Everyone knows that hi lift mounts are quite expensive. Personally I didn't want it on my hood due to the rust and I didn't want it inside my rig to take up space, and on the roll bar I have my axe mounted already. So for now I took off my 5th tire and the hi lift mounts perfectly too the 5th tire mount horizontal or vertically even on an angle.I don't have the funds as of now to buy a fifth tire and rim. Even when you open the tail gate it does not hit or rub against anything. The only problem I see or actually hear is when I drive it rattles a little. Oh and the factory bolts from the 5th tire can be used to mount the hi lift. It's secure and there is no movement, besides the handle rattling but the isolator prevents most of it. People might say well what are you going to do with a hi lift without a 5th tire well if you know anything about a hi lift there many ways to use and and many uses for it not just for changing a tire.Hope this helps save you money!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-318602711.jpg
Views:	1259
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	504178   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1825792372.jpg
Views:	1181
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	504179   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2178933047.jpg
Views:	1050
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	504180  
Old 10-10-2013, 07:51 PM
JK Newbie

Stitched American flags in head rest all four seats
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1504370819.jpg
Views:	1202
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	504182  
Old 10-10-2013, 07:53 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by mbaron142
Hey everyone I don't know if it's been thought of before but I thought I'd share anyway. Everyone knows that hi lift mounts are quite expensive. Personally I didn't want it on my hood due to the rust and I didn't want it inside my rig to take up space, and on the roll bar I have my axe mounted already. So for now I took off my 5th tire and the hi lift mounts perfectly too the 5th tire mount horizontal or vertically even on an angle.I don't have the funds as of now to buy a fifth tire and rim. Even when you open the tail gate it does not hit or rub against anything. The only problem I see or actually hear is when I drive it rattles a little. Oh and the factory bolts from the 5th tire can be used to mount the hi lift. It's secure and there is no movement, besides the handle rattling but the isolator prevents most of it. People might say well what are you going to do with a hi lift without a 5th tire well if you know anything about a hi lift there many ways to use and and many uses for it not just for changing a tire.Hope this helps save you money!
I was pretty happy with the Ace hood mount for $50, it's very well built and comes with great hardware

I found out that all the people at Ace get their hi lifts powder coated, presumably from their vendor who does all their products, I found a local powder coating company who will powder coat my hi lift after sand blasting it, fairly in expensively

I'm in no hurry and I'll strip it down to the bare red parts and black parts and they'll just take their time and wait till their tanning a batch of each color and work it in

Sounds excessive but I hate rust, and I really like having it on the hood!

I'll take a bunch of pictures and see how it works out...

Matthew
Old 10-10-2013, 08:31 PM
JK Freak

Great idea! I might try that!
Old 10-10-2013, 11:55 PM
JK Freak

First I herd of this one
I think it's good if u don't have a tire /tire mounted elsewher
Old 10-11-2013, 03:45 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here's a pretty good way to mount your hi-lift.
I bought the parts from home depot
2) 2.5" u-bolts = $5
It works like a charm, but unless you have a trek top. I can still run my hardtop just fine with the jack in this location and it keeps it out of the mud, rain or snow in winter time, plus it cant get stolen as easy either.

Here's the link.
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-w...-mount-265452/
Click image for larger version

Name:	PicsArt_1381491476251.jpg
Views:	1629
Size:	73.8 KB
ID:	504237

Last edited by bob-o; 10-11-2013 at 03:50 AM.

Quick Reply: Low-cost / Free mods that should be done?