Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Low-cost / Free mods that should be done?

Old 05-29-2013, 05:48 AM
jdk
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jkrubcon
I used shrink tubing, holds up and looks better.
X2 on the shrink tubing, plus it 's not as noisie when going through the woods hitting tree limbs.
Old 05-29-2013, 09:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

I plasti dipped my antenna along with my badges, keyholes and wheels. No reception issues at all bit I listen mostly to Sirius.

I spray tinted my turn signals and marker lights too and the light shines through just fine at night.
Old 05-29-2013, 07:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by n3tfury

Interesting. Two coats of plastidip and no issues here whatsoever.
I put 2-3 coats on. No loss of signal yet.
Old 05-29-2013, 07:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lvd76
I plasti dipped my antenna along with my badges, keyholes and wheels. No reception issues at all bit I listen mostly to Sirius.

I spray tinted my turn signals and marker lights too and the light shines through just fine at night.
What kind of spray tint did you use?
Old 05-29-2013, 09:13 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by j3r3myjam3s13
I did the bedliner grill and put some expanded metal behind the grill, the expanded metal i used was the flat stuff and i didnt care for that so i used a tiny pair of channel locks to bend out the sections slightly to give it a more 3D effect (hard to see in pics), i also made an insert for for the seatbelt latch so i dont have to hear the buzzer and its removeable. I also bought the cell phone hanger from Qtec and love it! I also didnt care for how the grill tied into the rest of the jeep so i added a hood bra and now i love it!
Why not just turn chime off? Cool though to eliminate the light being always on!?!

1. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position, and buckle your seat belt while sitting in the drivers seat.
2. Turn the ignition key to the ACCESSORY/RUN position (engine does not need to be running), and wait for the seat belt warning light to turn off.
3. Un-buckle and then re-buckle your seat belt at least three times within 10 seconds, ending with the seat belt buckled.
4. Turn the ignition key to the OFF position. A single chime will sound to signify that you have successfully completed the programming.

Next time you start the jeep, you’ll hear the initial fasten seat belt chimes, but the continuous chiming reminder will be turned off. the light in the dash will remain on, though.
Old 05-30-2013, 03:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by EClass

Why not just turn chime off? Cool though to eliminate the light being always on!?!

1. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position, and buckle your seat belt while sitting in the drivers seat.
2. Turn the ignition key to the ACCESSORY/RUN position (engine does not need to be running), and wait for the seat belt warning light to turn off.
3. Un-buckle and then re-buckle your seat belt at least three times within 10 seconds, ending with the seat belt buckled.
4. Turn the ignition key to the OFF position. A single chime will sound to signify that you have successfully completed the programming.

Next time you start the jeep, you’ll hear the initial fasten seat belt chimes, but the continuous chiming reminder will be turned off. the light in the dash will remain on, though.
I ALWAYS wear mine regardless but that's a great tip on functions and controls. Cool!
Old 05-30-2013, 08:31 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by EClass

Going to do this today
Old 05-30-2013, 10:14 AM
JK Newbie

Added additional 12V outlet and tucked excess electrical cording from radar and phone into the A-Pillar to keep from hanging down.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2658831960.jpg
Views:	882
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	463023   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4056529538.jpg
Views:	821
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	463024  
Old 05-30-2013, 11:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

My friend did this one.

If you are having trouble with your engine getting hot you can raise the back of the hood where its hinged to the tub half an inch. It looks fine unless your inspecting the vehicle but that space allows all of the hot air to escape the compartment.

Happy side-effects:

Hood flutter goes away!

Ice melts off your windshield faster.

Sad side-effects:

Looks a little broken.
Old 05-30-2013, 12:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jkrubcon
I used shrink tubing, holds up and looks better.
Yep did the same thing used a large short piece for the bigger part and the local Menards carry's spools of the smaller stuff. Started at the nut end and worked towards the ball end.

Quick Reply: Low-cost / Free mods that should be done?