Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Low-cost / Free mods that should be done?

Old 05-02-2013, 09:19 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bigmoe- don't stop with the trim, do the whole jeep. Flat green looks great on jeeps.

Minnich- American flag really should not be used as shade. Should only be handled with white gloved hands. Top most flag on display and must freely flow in wind. The flag should not touch anything. Taken down at sunset unless brightly lit at night. Never allowed to touch the ground. The ONLY way to dispose an American flag that touched the ground or is worn is to burn it.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:21 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Minnich- American flag really should not be used as shade. Should only be handled with white gloved hands. Top most flag on display and must freely flow in wind. The flag should not touch anything. Taken down at sunset unless brightly lit at night. Never allowed to touch the ground. The ONLY way to dispose an American flag that touched the ground or is worn is to burn it.[/QUOTE]

^ agreed!
Old 05-02-2013, 10:43 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Minnich JK
I was on here awhile ago and I saw some put up a way to use an American flag as shade when you take the top off your Jeep. Does anyone remember what size the flag was and if they added grommets to the flag or not?
Yes, there was a guy that had a flag for a shade.

About 40 people told him how he shouldn't use the American flag that way.......Oh, here we go again

Old 05-02-2013, 10:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BlackRockBurner
Bigmoe- don't stop with the trim, do the whole jeep. Flat green looks great on jeeps.

Minnich- American flag really should not be used as shade. Should only be handled with white gloved hands. Top most flag on display and must freely flow in wind. The flag should not touch anything. Taken down at sunset unless brightly lit at night. Never allowed to touch the ground. The ONLY way to dispose an American flag that touched the ground or is worn is to burn it.
also agreed, but to offer a solution. don't use an actual american flag but a stylized version of the flag would that still be considered disrespectful?

examples

and so on...

i had a flag made with a graphic i created and then sublimated on to a durable material. came out perfect... again. it is always flown below the real american flag and never as a replacement.

Old 05-02-2013, 12:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Toklas,

I think that would be fine.

99.9% display the American to show their love of country and dedication to what it stands for but there are ways to do it and steps to follow. I think people who display the flag as a sunshade are doing it as a show of patriotism which is cool but it is still disrespectful. No different than flying a torn flag or a flag after sunset without a light. Great intention but still not 100% respectful.

I personally like the DIY sunshades made out of plastic window screen material that some have used around here. I'm thinking about stretching some of that over my roof rack for the summer.
Old 05-02-2013, 12:44 PM
JK Newbie

Can anyone help me with the install of a tuffy locking cubby cover... where does the locking mecahnism bar mount to?? The instruction illustrations are terrible...
Old 05-02-2013, 01:08 PM
JK Freak

Lol...

Use it as a shade who cares its 2013. If you feel it's patriotic that's all that matters. Hit it with UV protection too.

Last edited by amick218; 05-02-2013 at 01:11 PM.
Old 05-02-2013, 01:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by amick218
Lol...

Use it as a shade who cares its 2013. If you feel it's patriotic that's all that matters. Hit it with UV protection too.
Hundreds of thousands of men and women who died for it maybe?
Old 05-02-2013, 01:23 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TYDFAN

Or the millions who served.

Last edited by BlackRockBurner; 05-02-2013 at 01:35 PM.
Old 05-02-2013, 01:33 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by TYDFAN

Or served.
Almost all my best friends are military and they have no problem at all. The guy obviously wants to show love. What's more American than a jeep....oh yeah, a Ford lol, but still.

Last edited by amick218; 05-02-2013 at 01:37 PM.

Quick Reply: Low-cost / Free mods that should be done?