Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Low-cost / Free mods that should be done?

Old 10-09-2012, 10:21 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by seribralcrow

Black plasti dip. I don't want anything flashy.
Are you doing the inserts or spraying the front with plastic dip? I'm thinks of doing both but not sure yet.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jmorgan234
Are you doing the inserts or spraying the front with plastic dip? I'm thinks of doing both but not sure yet.
Just the inserts for now
Old 10-09-2012, 10:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Help Please thanks!

I keep seeing that people are saying they tuck their front seat belt back strap into the plastic trim to keep it from flapping. I am extremely paranoid that I am going to break something while trying to do this. Can someone please maybe give me an idea of what steps I need to go through to be able to make this mod or any pointers on what to avoid while trying to do this.

Thanks!
Old 10-09-2012, 11:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rolltide66

Did you take the top off first?
LOL really?? Haha
Old 10-09-2012, 11:27 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by NWA JK
I keep seeing that people are saying they tuck their front seat belt back strap into the plastic trim to keep it from flapping. I am extremely paranoid that I am going to break something while trying to do this. Can someone please maybe give me an idea of what steps I need to go through to be able to make this mod or any pointers on what to avoid while trying to do this.

Thanks!
Super easy. Open your doors. Remove the plastic covering on the door sil (has to be removed to remove the cover over the seat belt). Give it a tug from the back and it will come right off. Then remove the belt out of the slit that it is normally set in. Pop the cover back in place with the belt running behind the cover. That's it. Really nothing to break except for those stupid plastic clips (Christmas trees). You can pick replacements up and any parts store.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GreenJK07
Super easy. Open your doors. Remove the plastic covering on the door sil (has to be removed to remove the cover over the seat belt). Give it a tug from the back and it will come right off. Then remove the belt out of the slit that it is normally set in. Pop the cover back in place with the belt running behind the cover. That's it. Really nothing to break except for those stupid plastic clips (Christmas trees). You can pick replacements up and any parts store.
thank you so much! Is it the same for the 2011 jk's since they did the interior change?
Old 10-09-2012, 11:45 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by NWA JK

thank you so much! Is it the same for the 2011 jk's since they did the interior change?
It should be, but to be totally honest. I'm not sure. I have an 07. I doubt it's any different. Can anyone with a 12 chime in?
Old 10-09-2012, 11:50 AM
jbl
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On the '12 model it's the same Christmas tree thing
Old 10-09-2012, 12:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 07whiteX
This country was founded on Christian principles. Do you refuse to use paper money because it says "In God we trust"? I'm by no means religious in anyway but I believe in this country and it ways. If it bothers you that much, skip that part.
The country was founded on principles of freedom from religious persecution, actually.

And the whole "under God" part of the Pledge wasn't even added until the 1950's, during McCarthyism, as a response atheist Communists (look it up, this is fact). I don't see why anybody should have to say that part if they don't want to.

Anyway, why the HELL (pun intended) is this even being talked about in the mods thread? Jesus Christ!
Old 10-09-2012, 02:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jbl
I hated the way jeep made the inside of the hardtop white. All of my interior was black except for the roof. So I plasti dipped it to see if I liked it. It looks awesome (sorry about crappy pics) and call me crazy but I think it helps with staying cooler in the summer.
I want to paint mine also and I just found some rubber sound deadening paint at pep boys that I am gonna use. We use the hard top for the winter months so it should be warmer and quieter.

Quick Reply: Low-cost / Free mods that should be done?