Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

loud exhaust

Old 06-10-2011, 04:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default loud exhaust

Im lookin to get a new exhaust and i want the loudest one they make out there. I know i straight pipe would be loud but still wanna be legal. Ive only had diesels for my main vehicles so this is my fist gas vehicle. Thanks
Old 06-10-2011, 04:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Cherry bomb. Loud as he'll on my buddys xj. Not sure how loud it is on a jk. I didn't want one just because I wheel at night and don't want anyone calling the cops. But they have em for jks.
Old 06-10-2011, 04:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Flowmaster makes a single chamber race muffler that I'm sure could be made to work. Other than that, a blank is going to be the loudest.. And for those that don't know what a blank is, it looks like a glasspack from the outside, but it is straight though with no louvers, fins or packing.
Old 06-10-2011, 05:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TROUPP
Flowmaster makes a single chamber race muffler that I'm sure could be made to work. Other than that, a blank is going to be the loudest.. And for those that don't know what a blank is, it looks like a glasspack from the outside, but it is straight though with no louvers, fins or packing.
I have the single chamber Flowmaster/ 20 Series, and I love it. It is not that loud at all, iwas actually worried it was going to be to loud. It has a nice deep growl that matches the sound from the CAI. Not a bad choice, for only $120. Plus no more big bulky stock exhaust.
Old 06-11-2011, 12:40 PM
JK Newbie

I would say Gibson..I'm very pleased with it and i alway get asked about which exhaust i have because it sounds great. But if your really want your jeep to be laud then i guess you should start investing for headers.

Quick Reply: loud exhaust