Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Loss of Power + traction control light + ABS light when engine is cold

Old 04-05-2024, 07:36 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,870 Likes on 1,637 Posts

Originally Posted by Myurnis
I’m having the same issue on my 2014. So far the idiots at the dealership have replaced the cylinder head, O2sensors, lifters, timing chains….$11k later same issue as before they touched anything and now they say I need a new engine….they have no clue…
When they replaced the head, was that a complete assembly with new cams and all? I really don't see how they jump to new engine when it seems electrical circuits have not been ruled out, nor the PCM, but maybe that part is just left out of the post. I don't get how replacing the engine helps cuz there's nothing down in the block itself that is causing the issue IMO.

I have been diving DEEEEEEP down this rabbit hole lately myself. What I notice a lot is that many times this gets started when the original CPS is removed for whatever reason.....be that replacing a VC gasket or doing more extensive work down in the head.

Quick Reply: Loss of Power + traction control light + ABS light when engine is cold