Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Loose Trackbar bolts? Anyone change bolts to a larger size?

Old 10-30-2007, 03:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Loose Trackbar bolts? Anyone change bolts to a larger size?

The bolts on my Teraflex track bar keep loosening up. The Teraflex bar uses the stock bolts. I thought I remembered reading that someone had used some larger bolts that more closely match the ID of the Teraflex bars. What size bolts? Do I need to drill the factory brackets?

Thanks,
Old 10-30-2007, 04:19 PM
JK Newbie

If the trackbar hole is larger than the bolt you should send it back. As for the bolt loosening up a little locktite is in order.
Old 10-31-2007, 07:39 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by Tom07JK
The bolts on my Teraflex track bar keep loosening up. The Teraflex bar uses the stock bolts. I thought I remembered reading that someone had used some larger bolts that more closely match the ID of the Teraflex bars. What size bolts? Do I need to drill the factory brackets?

Thanks,
dont drill your factory holes..

track bars will loosen up, its just how it is.. use locktight, and check them every other week or once a month.... Mine comes loose on occasion too
Old 10-31-2007, 07:47 PM
JK Freak

i put a few welds on the nut to keep it from moving, then i torqued it down nice and tight, and i'll keep an eye on it, if retightening it gets old, i'll put a tack weld on the bolt head too. but so far so good
Old 10-31-2007, 07:53 PM
JK Newbie

Maybe you should try a bolt with a left handed thread.

Quick Reply: Loose Trackbar bolts? Anyone change bolts to a larger size?