Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Lookinh at lifting my 07 unlimited sahara

Old 01-22-2011, 11:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lookinh at lifting my 07 unlimited sahara

Looking at lifting my 07 Sahara. Don't know if I want to go 33's or 35's. Also, how big of a lift do I need to clear 35's. Some other specs are I have 4:10 diff and a manual tranny. Any suggestions would be great.
Old 01-22-2011, 11:48 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rexlba
Looking at lifting my 07 Sahara. Don't know if I want to go 33's or 35's. Also, how big of a lift do I need to clear 35's. Some other specs are I have 4:10 diff and a manual tranny. Any suggestions would be great.
1)Wheel spacers (1.5" Spidertrax) on your stock sahara wheels
2)2.5" Terra Flex Lift
3) AEV Procal to reset speedo and shift points.
4) Spare Tire mount to space out the spare.

THhs is about the bare minimum to keep it on a tight budget, options are limitless from here. Look around, search and research.. This should get you started.

Last edited by Deere_Jeep; 01-22-2011 at 11:49 AM. Reason: more info
Old 01-22-2011, 12:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks. If I went with some pro comp wheels would I still need the spacers?
Old 01-22-2011, 12:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks. If I went with some pro comp wheels would I still need the spacers?
if the wheels have less then 4.5" backspacing then you will not need wheel spacers.
Old 01-22-2011, 02:10 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Spend some time in here:
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...ery-Newbie-Has

And here:
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...self-Write-Ups

And be sure to look over this one also, so you don't run out and waste money on an alignment you don't need.
http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-...-end-alignment
Old 01-22-2011, 02:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the info guys. This will come in handy. Any suggestions on a quality lift system. I've seen a lot of references to Tera Flex. I've also been looking into pro comp.
Old 01-22-2011, 02:57 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the info guys. This will come in handy. Any suggestions on a quality lift system. I've seen a lot of references to Tera Flex. I've also been looking into pro comp.
Some of the feedback on Procomp lifts has been notso good. Teraflex has a variety of lifts depending on your budget. If you just want to slap 35's on it, you could do a 2.5 budget boost. If you plan on adding heavier bumpers/winch and such, you may want to go with one of their 2.5 or 3in coil lifts.
Old 01-22-2011, 03:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

I recently lifted my jeep. In the end I went with TeraFlex.i I am very happy with it, and would buy TeraFlex again. The only thing I added was an adjustable front trackbar

The local dealer wanted to sell me a Pro Comp. I drove a rig with one, did some research, and decided against it.

When doing my research I came up with a short list of manufacturers, and went down to my local 4x4 store to see what the best deal I could get was.

My list was:

Full Traction 3" Premium Pluskit
Northridge OME Long Travel Kit
TeraFlex 3" with flex arms
Rock Krawler 2.5" Max Travel kit

I was looking for a kit that would allow me to run 33s now and 35s later when it is not a DD, is adjustable to dial in the ride, and will improve my off road riding because as I only intend to do moderate trails, when out there I don't always know when to stop the craziness.
Old 01-22-2011, 05:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just installed the 4" X-Flex kit from Rough Country. For the price, it can't be beat. Ride is great on-road and off-road the clearance is fantastic.

Lifetime warranty
60 day money back guarantee if you don't like the ride.

With 33's, the rear tires tuck nicely under full flex. With 35's, you will need to trim the fenders or get flat fenders or tube fenders.
Click image for larger version

Name:	0119111601-00.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	120366
The left front tire is about 36" higher than the other 3 on this trail, the front sway bar is not disconnected, I just wanted to see the flex with the links connected.
Click image for larger version

Name:	0119111600-01.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	120365
The rear suspension is fully compressed. The rear tire is stuffed into the wheel well. but not rubbing. 35's would have rubbed the fender.

For crawling, I would regear if I went to 35's. With 33's, I am slipping the clutch a lot in 4 Lo in first gear.

Quick Reply: Lookinh at lifting my 07 unlimited sahara