Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Looking for Teraflex 2.5 with Rancho 9000s experience - JKU

Old 03-30-2016, 11:03 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for Teraflex 2.5 with Rancho 9000s experience - JKU

I've searched and read thread after thread. A lot of the reviews I've found are initial thoughts and not long term. The few things I've found that mention long term are complaining about sagging.

I'm about to order a 2.5" Teraflex coil kit with Ranch 9000s. I also purchased a set of AEV control arm brackets that I'll install at the same time to increase ride comfort, avoid any chance of flighty feeling, and to just get it over with.

Does anyone have any long term experience with this setup? My Jeep is a 2013 JKU Sahara. For the time being I plan on retaining the stock bumpers, but Im not ruling out the idea of upgrading those. My jeep is on the highway 90% of the time.
Old 03-30-2016, 11:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

I ordered the same exact thing last week. Should be here tomorrow!
Old 03-30-2016, 11:57 AM
JK Junkie

Omg that combo is super popular lol

http://www.krawloff-road.com/product_p/-kjeeper10.htm
Old 03-30-2016, 12:04 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 63 Likes on 58 Posts

As you add weight you will loose height. I have the Teraflex 2.5 with Bilsteins on my two door, rides great, finally got it out I to the rocks last month. Did great.

Does not give quite as much height as expected due to my added weight.

If your Jeep has the passenger side lean, then it will still have the lean after the swap. To correct it, toss a 1/2in spacer puck on top of the rear passenger side coil.

I have about 15,000 miles on mine now, still rides just as good as the day I put it on.

Hope this helps.

Happy Jeeping.

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
Old 03-31-2016, 11:51 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Cool

I don't think I knew or realized this was the KJ system. Cheers to that! (looking at the URL I see your "stage name")

Originally Posted by kjeeper10
Omg that combo is super popular lol

Popular JK 2.5" Entry Level Lift by Ken
Old 03-31-2016, 01:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BrandonSS
I've searched and read thread after thread. A lot of the reviews I've found are initial thoughts and not long term. The few things I've found that mention long term are complaining about sagging.

I'm about to order a 2.5" Teraflex coil kit with Ranch 9000s. I also purchased a set of AEV control arm brackets that I'll install at the same time to increase ride comfort, avoid any chance of flighty feeling, and to just get it over with.

Does anyone have any long term experience with this setup? My Jeep is a 2013 JKU Sahara. For the time being I plan on retaining the stock bumpers, but Im not ruling out the idea of upgrading those. My jeep is on the highway 90% of the time.
I've been running this setup (with the AEV correction brackets even) since April 2012. Been really happy with it, I use it for daily driving, frequent camping trips, and occasional rock crawling. Actually didn't add the Ranchos until last year, but they have been great so far.
Old 03-31-2016, 03:05 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Running same tf springs since 2010 on two different jeeps. No sagging or lean at all and the ride is decent. That's over 100k miles on the springs. Running ranchos shocks for the last 20k or so. I'm using the 4dr springs on my 2 de which netted me 3" in front with stubby bumper no winch. 2" in the rear with a full size 37 and bumper tire carrier combo
Old 03-31-2016, 05:25 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Rancho
I don't think I knew or realized this was the KJ system. Cheers to that! (looking at the URL I see your "stage name")
Gotta love those 9000 shocks
Old 03-31-2016, 05:38 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Over 6 years on springs no complaints.

Quick Reply: Looking for Teraflex 2.5 with Rancho 9000s experience - JKU