Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Looking for stubby front bumper experience/opinion

Old 03-21-2014, 06:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

By the way nice rig Matt!!

I went thru your entire built thread couple of months ago, but i missed the new bumpers part... I saw them in the sell sections, but i didn't know to which bumpers you were changing...

thanks again for your input
Old 03-21-2014, 06:28 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

Stingers are for extreme rock crawlers and add nothing to a jeep doing light trails. Its like fake headlocks, just for looks. I can see the hoop adding some protection to the grilll and you can hang lights off them. Both add weight without function is the reason I would not do one. A big stinger will make it harder to parallel park, and reduce clearance to walk around the jeep in the garage.

Last edited by TheDirtman; 03-21-2014 at 06:30 AM.
Old 03-21-2014, 06:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

I really like the adding weight, parallel park and garage space arguments!!

So the ACE is definitly out of my list in my case.

Will try to continue to figure out which bumper will fit my needs better between the PSC Brawler Lite w/Brawler Bar and the Lod Armorlite w/hoop, and maybe exp-1 and JCR basic Dagger, to make a good and intelligent buy.

Probably the LoD is the lighter bumper in my considered bumpers..

Thanks guys for answering!!
Old 03-21-2014, 07:13 AM
JK Newbie

I just put this on, arb stubby. I had been debating between the ace bumper which I really like and poison spider bfh but I got it for like nearly 200$ retail....sold! I wanted something over the grill as well cause wheeling the trails in NC usually involves a little bushwacking. Its not the lightest of the bunch.

...and I'm totally rocking some fake beadlocks lol. They were on it when I got it so they will do for now.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20140321_080717.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	539275
Old 03-21-2014, 07:14 AM
JK Freak

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm going to give you some advice that you usually won't get on this forum, pick whichever bumper you like. Don't worry about what anyone else says, because at the end of the day, you'll be driving it, not them.
Old 03-21-2014, 07:15 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is just for looks. But if you like it, you like it. I've run jcr stuff before and no complaints. I've run LOD before too, very nice stuff. Your list contains all top quality stuff so it's whatever you like best.

sent from my work leash
Old 03-21-2014, 07:18 AM
JK Freak

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Good luck with your purchase.

Last edited by MrChuckles; 03-21-2014 at 07:21 AM.
Old 03-21-2014, 07:19 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by MrChuckles
I'm going to give you some advice that you usually won't get on this forum, pick whichever bumper you like. Don't worry about what anyone else says, because at the end of the day, you'll be driving it, not them.
Second that
Old 03-21-2014, 07:19 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

Originally Posted by Kwoods
I just put this on, arb stubby. I had been debating between the ace bumper which I really like and poison spider bfh but I got it for like nearly 200$ retail....sold! I wanted something over the grill as well cause wheeling the trails in NC usually involves a little bushwacking. Its not the lightest of the bunch.

...and I'm totally rocking some fake beadlocks lol. They were on it when I got it so they will do for now.

Attachment 539275
The only "protection" I can see from that hoop is if a tree fell exactly on it, it would save your winch. Otherwise it really protects nothing.
Old 03-21-2014, 07:33 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by TheDirtman

The only "protection" I can see from that hoop is if a tree fell exactly on it, it would save your winch. Otherwise it really protects nothing.
Haha that's exactly what I'm afraid of! Jk. No just an added effort to keep branches etc from impailing the radiator. By no means is it total "protection".

Quick Reply: Looking for stubby front bumper experience/opinion