Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Looking for a Shop/Installer San Diego area

Old 10-16-2014, 10:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am new to the San Diego area and about to pick up a new JKU and I am looking for a shop near San Diego to drop off so I can purchase/have installed Poison Spyder, Metalcloak, Dynatrac, Ripp, etc. looking for a one stop do it all place.

Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance, Lusky
Old 10-17-2014, 12:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Lusky
I am new to the San Diego area and about to pick up a new JKU and I am looking for a shop near San Diego to drop off so I can purchase/have installed Poison Spyder, Metalcloak, Dynatrac, Ripp, etc. looking for a one stop do it all place.

Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance, Lusky
There are many shops around SD but most of them want you to purchase the parts from them for install. The issue is that a lot of the shops only sell certain brands and they'll try their best to sell the brands that they carry and refuse or charge extra for installation if parts not purchased through them.
I hear ORE in Fullerton sells most popular brands but their install costs are above average.
As for shops in SD, ORW, 4wheelparts, and MIT to name a few.
Old 10-17-2014, 10:17 AM
Sponsoring Vendor
ORW Representative

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JHP81
There are many shops around SD but most of them want you to purchase the parts from them for install. The issue is that a lot of the shops only sell certain brands and they'll try their best to sell the brands that they carry and refuse or charge extra for installation if parts not purchased through them.
I hear ORE in Fullerton sells most popular brands but their install costs are above average.
As for shops in SD, ORW, 4wheelparts, and MIT to name a few.
Give one of our shops a call. A good bargaining chip to avoid the "Customer Supplied Parts" Labor Charge is to tell us that you have a BRAND NEW kit that is un-opened. Shops have these types of labor charges because we get customers coming in that have a Craigslist kit that happens to be missing all the bolts and a control arm. This means we have a vehicle stuck on the rack an extra day or so, and wasted time.

We aim to prove that our installations are top notch. Our shops are high tech with some of the best Hunter Alignment racks on the market (Very important when we are making Caster changes).

We have 4 locations but still have small shop values.
Old 10-17-2014, 10:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

I built my 13 JK myself mostly. This time I am willing to buy the upgrades from the shop that is doing the installs so long as they offer to sell at competitive pricing.

Lusky

Last edited by Lusky; 10-17-2014 at 10:26 AM.
Old 10-17-2014, 10:35 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Check out Dave's shop.
He maintains a TON of ULTRA4 race cars, is well respected in the industry and is an all around GREAT guy.
Good luck!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Chapp...s/327268873608
Old 10-17-2014, 01:10 PM
JK Newbie

I live in Carlsbad. The only shop that touches my suspension and steering systems is TAG Motorsports in Vista.
I use them on my 2500HD and my JKU which both have lifts and steering upgrades.
While they might want you to purchase the parts from them, the pricing they get might be better (worth the conversation).

Call and ask for Sean, he deals with all the 4x4's
2520 Pioneer Ave, Vista, CA 92081
(760) 741-9300

Quick Reply: Looking for a Shop/Installer San Diego area