Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

looking for opinions....

Old 12-28-2009, 04:12 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mmacJK
Wow

So i priced out that rear and im lookin at $1,469.00!!!

Oh my..
Some of the front bumpers are in the same price range, so by the time you add a winch you are looking at ~$3500.

Maybe you should settle on a budget first.

BTW, good choice tires, but since is your DD and depending on your tolerance for shifting, you may want to consider a consider a gear upgrade in the future.
Old 12-28-2009, 05:06 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, I'm diggin the LoD too.

It'll probably be my choice when the time comes.
Old 12-28-2009, 06:31 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mmacJK
Hey all

I am new to the forum but not new to jeeps. I recently bought a 2010 Rubicon 6 speed with all the upgrades. It was time to treat myself after grad school!

Anywho, I am starting to look into upgrades and wanted to get the opinion of the experts! Having said that, keep in mind this is both my offroad fun (20%) and daily driver (80%) so it has to manage both.

Here is what I have already ordered and am puttin on in 2 weeks when i get it all:

5 Mickey Thompson MTZ Radial Tire 35X12.50R-17

5 Series 7028 Cast Black 5-Spoke Simulated Bead Lock Wheel by Pro Comp

Rubicon Express JK 3.5" STANDARD KIT, 2 DOOR

I have been looking at the forum for ideas but it is overwhelming.. Here is what im considering doing next:

- Upgrade rear tire holder to fit 35" tire.. Ideas?

- Upgrade front bumper and add winch... Ideas?

What else should I consider? Im interested in both aesthetic upgrades as well as functional ones...

Thanks all, there is so much to do!
Hey there! Bout the lift you selected, I would not use the cam bolts, they have a tendancy to get loose, plus you have to cut metal out of the bracket on the axle to install. I would get some Adjustable Front lower arms, and maybe adjustable rear uppers. That way you can get your front caster back into spec. and set your pinion angle in the back. It does cost more, but it is a better way to finish the lift. Just my Good with the build !!
Old 12-28-2009, 07:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hey

Yah the cost is doable as long as I get something that does the job and looks good

Originally Posted by spinlock
Some of the front bumpers are in the same price range, so by the time you add a winch you are looking at ~$3500.

Maybe you should settle on a budget first.

BTW, good choice tires, but since is your DD and depending on your tolerance for shifting, you may want to consider a consider a gear upgrade in the future.
Old 12-28-2009, 07:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

i have the expedition one rear bumper with tire carrier... its deffly a sweet bumper.. tire holder connects to tailgate so it all opens in one motion.. but if your looking to do more up grades.. i would honestly make sure you do the suspension right. you say you have the 5in basic lift. your gonna possibly need control arms, drive shafts and the whole nine yards.. i spent all of dough on my set up and now have been having to fork up my money to make my truck ride better caz my lift defly changed its ride quality and its only a 2.5in lift.. so make sure you do that but as for other up grades go with the rear bumper for the large spare.. thats my opinion..
Old 12-28-2009, 08:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hey

Thanks for the advice. Right now it is just a 3 inch lift. Im hoping that does not change my ride too much but i expect it wont be like stock.

Quick Reply: looking for opinions....