Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Looking for new tires....any suggestions??

Old 07-11-2012, 09:55 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for new tires....any suggestions??

Looking to buy all terrain tires for my 07 Sahara....a friend recommended BF Goodrich....I wanna know your pros/cons or any other suggestions.
Old 07-11-2012, 10:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jeep0406
Looking to buy all terrain tires for my 07 Sahara....a friend recommended BF Goodrich....I wanna know your pros/cons or any other suggestions.
Welcome to the forums! Here is a link to a section on 35" tires and rims. I'm sure you will see a lot of posts and more importantly pics of JK's with some of the tires you may be looking at and maybe some brands you never thought about.

I've got BF's on mine and love them, great in winter (or in your case rain) and not too loud on the highway.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-s...our-35s-18269/
Old 07-11-2012, 11:05 AM
JK Newbie

I'll check it out thanks
Old 07-11-2012, 11:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

I had BFG AT KO's on my previous two vehicles and drove them for a number of years, my current 11' JKU R. has the factory BFG MT's. The AT KO's are great all around tires, very heavy duty; maybe too heavy duty for lighter vehicles like the JK; be advised they are great tires but also pretty stiff and the ride might be called unforgiving.
If you're planning on some fairly serious off roading you should get one of the serious off road tires like the AT KO's, but if you're not doing much difficult off roading one of the many other less heavy all terrain tires might be better for daily use.
Just my 2 cents.
Old 07-11-2012, 12:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Depends on the type of driving you plan to do.
I've tried a lot of tires over the years, and have come to prefer the BFG KM2 for an all-around tire that has good highway manners, but which also sees a wide range of off road terrain and needs to perform well under those conditions too. For more of a highway-friendly tire that can still handle most terrain, I'd recommend the BFG AT.
Old 07-11-2012, 02:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Definitely check out Dick Cepek FC-IIs. They're an all terrain built on a mud tire carcass do they're tread depth is 20/32 compared to the usual 16-18/32 of most ATs. I love mine.
Old 07-11-2012, 03:10 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mickey Thompson ATZ's that's what I had before I moved up to the Mickey MTZ's 35"
They were great tires... Good luck
Old 07-11-2012, 04:14 PM
JK Newbie

If your looking to stay stock or near stock I suggest you seek some Rubicon take offs. They are a BFG mud terrain and can be had at good prices compared to buying new.

Quick Reply: Looking for new tires....any suggestions??