Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Looking for Mickey Thompson ATZ P3 reviews now we are into winter

Old 01-20-2014, 04:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Looking for Mickey Thompson ATZ P3 reviews now we are into winter

I've been researching the new Mickey Thompson ATZ P3s because it looks like they might be a good replacement for my Duratracs when I move up to 37's. A nice cross between a AT and MT tire.

Unfortunately they only came out a few months ago in the summer, so reviews are pretty sparse, and snow/ice/winter reviews are nonexistent. Also interested in hearing about balancing issues with them.

Thanks in advance for any input. There are threads out there for every tire except for these.

Manufacturers page.

Offroad Extreme Review.

Last edited by Roryslife; 01-20-2014 at 04:29 AM.
Old 01-20-2014, 04:41 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am anxious to hear testimonials also. I am looking to replace my km2's and haven't seen many people run these yet. I have a friend with mtz's on a Cherokee and they perform awesome off road.
Old 01-20-2014, 07:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've had the 37" ATZ P3's on for several months now, and they've been fantastic. That said, I'm in the DFW area, so no snow experience to speak of. We did, however, have an ice storm that more or less paralyzed the metroplex for several days. I drove all over the place, a lot of the time in straight up 2wd, with these tires, all the while on glare ice. They did great. I haven't had them in mud yet or on rocks, so again, not much off-roading in the past few months, only ice. But a very positive experience there. No balancing issues. Seem to be wearing fine (I rotate 5 to get more life from the set). Quieter then the BFG MT KM2 35's I had previously. They do only measure a tad over 36" tall when mounted. Sorry I don't have more winter-ish experience, but hopefully someone else will chime in from further north than I.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0048.jpg
Views:	4512
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	525212  
Old 01-21-2014, 05:02 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

My JK has been wearing 33s all winter. I have no complaints.
Old 01-30-2015, 03:56 AM
JK Newbie

Default Atzp3

Thinking about going with these as well. I like the Duratracs but I see them everywhere and was looking for something different. Have heard great things about these.

Quick Reply: Looking for Mickey Thompson ATZ P3 reviews now we are into winter