Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Looking for matte black lugs

Old 11-19-2008, 10:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No matte black lugs

Unfortunately, after much searching and asking people, it looks like no one is making matte black lugs. I'll have to see how the black Gorillas look and, if need be, paint them myself. Thanks for the suggestions guys.
Old 11-19-2008, 04:55 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JK-ing
I have flat black Procomp wheels and the chrome lugs do not stick out bad. I thought I would replace them down the road with black, but you do not want to have to baby it on the trail when you changing a tire.
Do you baby those black wheels? I have seen a guy at longs with black pro comp wheels and they a scarred to hell...but that guy wheels like Jeckel and Hyde LOL.
Old 11-19-2008, 07:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

This is the vehicle that's going to get abuse. I baby the M6 (unless somebody tries to race me). The Rubi is for banging around. Whatever happens, happens.
Old 11-20-2008, 01:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Use your stock lugs or get a set of lugs that fit the wheels, scuff them up and shoot them with the Duplicolor spray in bedliner stuff. That stuff is pretty durable and if you get a scratch on them, take them off and respray them!
Old 11-20-2008, 01:59 PM
JK Super Freak

I really like those wheels. are they in 5 on 5
Old 11-20-2008, 03:11 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jeepnag
Do you baby those black wheels? I have seen a guy at longs with black pro comp wheels and they a scarred to hell...but that guy wheels like Jeckel and Hyde LOL.
I have the same wheels, and they look the same. But we have no rocks here to bang them up on
Old 11-20-2008, 05:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jeepnag
You do not have to tear up you wheels to have fun. If I wanted to do that I would have got steelies.

Quick Reply: Looking for matte black lugs