Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Looking for matte black lugs

Old 11-18-2008, 02:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for matte black lugs

I'm trying to find matte black lugs (spline lug style - narrow - with a 1/2" thread pitch, conical seat) for the new Liquid Metal Gatlin wheels I'm ordering. All the black lugs I've seen online seem to come in glossy or semi-gloss. No matte blacks to be found. Anybody know anyone who makes lugs in matte black with the spec I need for the Gatlins? I don't want mix and match on these beauties.

Old 11-18-2008, 02:25 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

even if you could find a set, the minute you put a lug wrench or socket on them, they will get all biffed up and look terrible. just my 2¢
Old 11-18-2008, 03:21 PM
JK Freak

just buy the gloss black, scuff them a little and flat black them. But like WOL said, its will chip off. I have gloss lugs on my cast black pro comps and honestly, the wheels will show dust so fast you cant really tell the diff.
Old 11-18-2008, 03:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

I found a set, but their diameter ended up being too large to fit a socket within the rims surrounding space. I just sucked it up and run the standard ones.
Old 11-18-2008, 03:39 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nail... Polish....
Old 11-18-2008, 04:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

for some reason i thought discount tire direct had black ones as an option. you might check with them. if nothing else they might be able to tell you where to look - good group.
Old 11-18-2008, 04:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have flat black Procomp wheels and the chrome lugs do not stick out bad. I thought I would replace them down the road with black, but you do not want to have to baby it on the trail when you changing a tire.
Old 11-18-2008, 07:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought a set of 24 black gorilla locking lugs from Summit Racing, part number GOR-71684NBC. They say "chrome" but they are pretty flat black to my eye. I have taken the wheels off and on at least 6-8 times with air tools over the last 2 months, and they have not scuffed or scratched much at all. Sorry I don't have a close-up pic handy, maybe by this weekend I can get one for you.
Old 11-18-2008, 07:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks guys. I'm buying the Gatlins through Discount Tire. Travis and Matt have been great to deal with, especially in answering all my questions. They have the black Gorilla lugs, but they're a semi gloss. It sounds like I may just go with those. They'll be dirty fast enough and it probably won't matter as much as I'm thinking it will.

BTW, I think the first car manufacturer that starts giving us the option to get our vehicles in flat colors instead of glossy will make a mint. I saw pics of a wicked matte black JK Rubi in another forum and few other vehicles dressed up the same way. I think it looks good on some vehicles.

P.S. I'll post pics when I get them on next week.

Last edited by kafka1983; 11-18-2008 at 07:30 PM.
Old 11-18-2008, 08:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kafka1983
Thanks guys. I'm buying the Gatlins through Discount Tire. Travis and Matt have been great to deal with, especially in answering all my questions. They have the black Gorilla lugs, but they're a semi gloss. It sounds like I may just go with those. They'll be dirty fast enough and it probably won't matter as much as I'm thinking it will.

BTW, I think the first car manufacturer that starts giving us the option to get our vehicles in flat colors instead of glossy will make a mint. I saw pics of a wicked matte black JK Rubi in another forum and few other vehicles dressed up the same way. I think it looks good on some vehicles.

P.S. I'll post pics when I get them on next week.
I would have loved to have had an option of "OD green" or "Flat Earth Brown", something I could sand scratches out easy and spray again in the garage. Maybe in about 10 years when the paint is shot, I will do just that!

Quick Reply: Looking for matte black lugs