Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

looking for lift suggestions

Old 03-20-2008, 09:31 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking for lift suggestions

this is my first post. i just got my first jeep. looking forward to get into doing some trials. nothing to extreme. my jeep is an 08 unlimited 4dr, auto trans, 3.73 gears. i am considering putting on a rock krawler 3.5 mid arm flex or 3.5 x factor mid arm suspension. what to run 17 x 9 wheels with pro comp xtreme all terrain 33 x 12.5. ill be driving this jeep part time. will mostly be drivin on the beach until i can find some where i can do some trails. the highest thing in delaware is the landfill and that is not what im look for. any suggestions would be helpfull.
Old 03-21-2008, 06:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just 33's Why Not A Bb It Is Way Cheaper?
Old 03-21-2008, 07:14 PM
JK Newbie

i do want to do some wheelin on some trails so if i am going to spend some money i would rather do right the first time. since i have my own side business i can get some suspensions at a good price. so why not start with the a kit that has every thing. this way i will have the right equip for the trails just incase i get a little over my head. i just have to find trails in PA to try it out on. i chose the 33s for gas purposes that all and if get into the trails more i will go bigger.
Old 03-21-2008, 07:21 PM
JK Freak

I personally would advice Old Man Emu. That's what I had on my Land Rover, that's what I will put on my JK.
Old 03-21-2008, 10:02 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by cmeroln75
i do want to do some wheelin on some trails so if i am going to spend some money i would rather do right the first time. since i have my own side business i can get some suspensions at a good price. so why not start with the a kit that has every thing. this way i will have the right equip for the trails just incase i get a little over my head. i just have to find trails in PA to try it out on. i chose the 33s for gas purposes that all and if get into the trails more i will go bigger.
For trails in PA, try Rausch Creek.
Old 03-21-2008, 11:45 PM
JK Super Freak

Go with the Old Man Emu kit with 33's or 35's......
Old 03-22-2008, 02:34 AM
JK Jedi Master

3.5" lift is alot of lift for 33's. damn near overkill..

why not just run a small spacer lift to give you the little extra room for 33's.
Old 03-22-2008, 06:03 AM
JK Newbie

thanks TEEJ for the location. def going to check it out. i know the 3.5 is probally a little tall for the 33's. i have looked into the spacers but i would ranther put the money in a good lift first and have the flex. then when i change up to the 35's change out the gears to comp for the auto trans.
Old 03-22-2008, 06:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

I am curious about the Rock Krawler lift as well. I was/am looking at the OME lift and Black Diamond. But the Krawler comes with "(2) long travel linear front coil springs, double adjustable front track bar made from 1.5" solid alloy steel, adjustable front sway bar disconnects, (2) long travel linear rear coil springs, double adjustable rear track bar made from 1.5" solid alloy steel, precision welded rear track bar relocation bracket made from ¼" thick laser cut steel, rear extended sway bar links, hardware and detailed instructions." Other than bump stops and shocks what else do I need for moderate wheeling and or what lift has this or more for less (RK= $724).
Old 03-22-2008, 11:13 AM
JK Newbie

i have also been looking into the BD 3 in lift but from what i have read anything above 3in or bigger one should use track bars instead of the cam bolts. that the cam bolts need to be check regularly to mack sure they are tight. so i figure go with a lift that has everything and do it right the first time. this way i can have the correct caster angle for my drive shafts. i have not found a 3 in lift that has all the components that the RK 3.5 has minus shocks and bump stops. the BD looks like a good lift but pricing out the track bars i might as well do the RK 3.5 for the price i can get that at. so i know what you mean.

Quick Reply: looking for lift suggestions