Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

looking for lift

Old 09-21-2008, 05:37 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking for lift

hello my name is robert logan and i just recently purchased a 2008 wrangler sarah unlimited and im looking for a good daily driver lift so that i can run 35"s on it. ive narrowed it down to the Rancho 3" and the Black Dimond 3" lift but i wanted to find out which one would be better in the long run and since this is my first lift im gonna be getting for my jeep i wanted to know if i would need a steering stablizer or other componets with the lift. now as for rims and tires i wanna get the AEV pintler 17" and put a 35x12.50 BFG mud terrain. now would anyone know the exact size and everything to as the size of the rim and tire. if anyone has any other comments and or suggestions that would be awesome!
Old 09-21-2008, 06:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not sure of the Rancho or the Diamond lifts,but I love the Fabtech
The kit comes with everything you will need to clear the 35" tires
I use my Jeep as a daily driver and its great on trails and mud,no problems
Congrats on the Sahara I love mine

http://www.quadratec.com/products/16119_050.htm

A little expensive,but its worth it

Poser

Old 09-21-2008, 07:00 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by bwink999
hello my name is robert logan and i just recently purchased a 2008 wrangler sarah unlimited and im looking for a good daily driver lift so that i can run 35"s on it. ive narrowed it down to the Rancho 3" and the Black Dimond 3" lift but i wanted to find out which one would be better in the long run and since this is my first lift im gonna be getting for my jeep i wanted to know if i would need a steering stablizer or other componets with the lift. now as for rims and tires i wanna get the AEV pintler 17" and put a 35x12.50 BFG mud terrain. now would anyone know the exact size and everything to as the size of the rim and tire. if anyone has any other comments and or suggestions that would be awesome!
i would definitely go with the Rancho 3" short arm kit. it is a very complete kit and one that retains factory geometery and offers an excellent ride. regarding steering stabilizers, trust me, you WILL NOT need one. the factory unit works perfectly fine. as far as wheels and tires go, the AEV 17x8's and BFG 35x12.50's will work great with this setup.
Old 09-21-2008, 10:00 PM
JK Newbie

awesome thanks for the help
Old 09-22-2008, 08:55 AM
JK Freak

I have 13k on my bds 3" from the dealer, it has been flawless, the ride is much better than stock and my daily commute is 70mi. I also have done some knarley trails and had not issues. I know several dealers use the bds. I am biassed, but you asked! 35's will be perfect w/ this lift i have 34" maxxis mtr/on 17" wheels and have plenty of room. Lift also comes with quick discos. I have not put mine on since i have e-disco. Any q's just ask.

Dan

Quick Reply: looking for lift