Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Looking for info on cutting down the padding on my stock driver's seat

Old 01-22-2011, 07:19 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for info on cutting down the padding on my stock driver's seat

Hey guys, I'm 6'4'' and looking to lower my seating position without having to fabricate new brackets. I have the stock non-height-adjustable seat and my head is all up in the cross bar unless I scoot my seat way up in front of it. Does anybody know if it is possible to take of the bottom seat cushion and cut off about an inch of the foam padding and then put the stock padding cover back on?
Old 01-22-2011, 07:39 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Buckshot184
Hey guys, I'm 6'4'' and looking to lower my seating position without having to fabricate new brackets. I have the stock non-height-adjustable seat and my head is all up in the cross bar unless I scoot my seat way up in front of it. Does anybody know if it is possible to take of the bottom seat cushion and cut off about an inch of the foam padding and then put the stock padding cover back on?
im 6'5" and never had any issue. i sat with the slide all the way back and in a nearly upright position. how much do you recline?
Old 01-22-2011, 07:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

I am 6'8" and I know when I get rear ended it is going to cause me problems with the roll bar. I do not know why the JK is worse than the TJ for head room. Heck took them five years to fix the back seat access in the JK to match the TJ.
Old 01-22-2011, 11:55 AM
JK Newbie

Default Great suggestion

I sit 3 clicks forward from the furthest back setting and just about straight up right. If I slide back all the way, the top of my head is basically touching the bar. If i recline at all from my position then my head is on the bar as well.

I am basically trying to figure out if the adjustable seat will let me lower it more than I am right now. Bc it sounds like taller people than myself haven't had any problems so they must have the height adjustable seat.

Quick Reply: Looking for info on cutting down the padding on my stock driver's seat