Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Looking for a good Jeep mechanic in NH...

Old 01-04-2016, 09:19 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for a good Jeep mechanic in NH...

Just starting to gradually upgrade my 2015 JK Unlimited Sport. In truth I don't trust my own abilities to do more than install tail light guards. I am hoping to find a trustworthy mechanic in NH who I could rely on for some of the bigger projects. The first such project is installing a Barricade front bumper and Smittybilt winch which I expect to be delivered this week (Merry Christmas to me). Anyone know of reliable, reasonable techs in the Granite State? Thanks much!
Old 01-04-2016, 10:42 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Have some confidence and do it yourself. You will save money and get more satisfaction out of your mods. Both the bumper and winch are easy bolt-ons. There are only 3 wires to hookup on the winch. There are plenty of write-ups and YouTube videos you can review as well.

If you don't trust yourself to do this, what happens when you have to actually use the winch the first time?
Old 01-04-2016, 02:21 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks AF for the vote of confidence. While I am confident I could figure it out working on something as important as my primary mode of transportation does nothing for me but stress me out. And that's not the point of my new found hobby at all. In truth I am not at all set up for even smaller projects. I live in cold and snowy NH and I don't have a garage or any real tools to speak of. As for using the winch I would only really be using it in emergency situations. Even with limited usage in mind I have already watched numerous You Tube videos and will watch more. I will test it out a few times in safe and controlled setting. Thanks again!
Old 01-04-2016, 08:13 PM
JK Newbie

Give Steve a call
Steves Jeep Country - Epsom, NH

I go to him when I get really stumped or when I need a speciality job done like gears or an alignment.
Old 01-05-2016, 04:55 AM
JK Newbie

When I installed the AEV 3.5" SC lift in my 2012 JKU, I was jammed right up against a 800 mile road trip. Needless to say, I didn't have enough time to really shake down the install, and I didn't want anything to go wrong that far from home. So after a few days, I brought it to Bournival who was installing a lot of AEV lifts at the time. I had them throw the Jeep on the lift and told them they had an hour to go over the install, check torques, etc. They only used a half hour and I think they ended up just tweaking one bolt. Best $60 I could've spent for the piece of mind it gave me, and the confidence it let me have doing the installation myself. And I was able to use a fraction of the install cost to buy the tools I needed. Bournival, Steve's or any dealer selling late-model modified Jeeps should be OK to at least check over your work.
Old 01-12-2016, 04:56 AM
JK Newbie

Vote for Steves too!!!!!! . Steves Jeep Country - Epsom, NH I wont take my Jeep anywhere else. Justin the head mechanic is awesome, and Steve and his brother Mike know jeeps. Here is the work they have done on mine. I don't let anyone else touch my jeep.

Last edited by LAARS; 01-12-2016 at 05:01 AM.
Old 01-12-2016, 01:30 PM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default As some have said

steves jeep . Im not aware of any other

Last edited by jeepmojo; 01-15-2016 at 12:12 PM.
Old 01-13-2016, 05:53 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks all! I have an appointment with Steve on Friday.
Old 01-13-2016, 06:10 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Flynlo
Give Steve a call
Steves Jeep Country - Epsom, NH

I go to him when I get really stumped or when I need a speciality job done like gears or an alignment.
Ha My parents live off of Rt4 in Northwood. When I lived there 12 years ago it was just a used car lot. I'm going up there this summer for a visit I'm going to have to stop and see all the Jeeps.
Old 01-15-2016, 02:46 AM
JK Newbie

Steves has some nice jeeps already modded too. This is one that got me to mod mine.

Quick Reply: Looking for a good Jeep mechanic in NH...