Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Looking for flat fenders

Old 12-08-2015, 11:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jedg
Yeah... I have the BW flat fenders... they are nice, but if I had it to do again, I would just cut the OEM fenders and be done with it. A buddy of mind had his quarter panel pushed in when his rear fender bumped a tree. This was at walking speed, the rear slipped off the rock it was on and shifted into the tree. Had he been running cut fenders, the fender would have flexed and that would have been the end of it. I keep them on because they are an xmas present.
Allow me to adjust my statement. I might cut my fenders until I'm ready to put the aluminum ones on after the existing ones are destroyed.

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
Old 12-08-2015, 11:36 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by resharp001
I would agree here. I went with the plastic BW to save some weight and some money, and i regret it. In the rear I simply slid by a tree in a tight squeeze one time, and due to how these mount i put a nice dent in my rear quarter because of where the pressure was distributed. I've also bent one of the front ones by getting caught on a tree. Any time you exert too much pressure on these lots of plastic clips are gonna snap as they are the weak point, and you'll spend a lot of time trying to fix the pieces of junk. If you actually wheel, do it right the first time and get something that is metal.
Yes, I failed to mention that the drivers side rear fender got pushed in a bit and it dented a much bigger area than its own footprint

i went with the aluminum Poison Spyder aluminum ones and they are great!
Old 12-08-2015, 04:07 PM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildschwein
Allow me to adjust my statement. I might cut my fenders until I'm ready to put the aluminum ones on after the existing ones are destroyed.

hahaha... here's the thing though... those cut fenders will last forever!
Old 12-08-2015, 09:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jedg
hahaha... here's the thing though... those cut fenders will last forever!
Ha! Well let's hope so.

Quick Reply: Looking for flat fenders