Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Looking for a Custom Exhaust Shop in the Clarkston/Waterford MI area

Old 08-24-2013, 06:21 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OK, thanks for the response.

Originally Posted by Namtaru
If you are going for strictly better sound, I'd steer more toward's Dynomax's Rock Crawler kit instead of the VT, but that's my own personal preference. I have had both installed on my Jeep.

Plus you have 90 days to decide if you want to keep it or not, Dynomax is awesome in that regard!

The Rock Crawler ultra flow muffler system is the full cat back that exits after the axle.

The system that exits before the axle is the EVO kit.
Also, from what I understood, they do not recommend this kit on a 2 door due to it possibly melting the emergency cable.

Dynomax can clear up any questions about either kit.
So that's 2 for the Rock Crawler exhaust by Dynamax. Maybe the gent who posted an answer for me who is a Dynamax Rep can clear that up for me. Is that true that they don't recommend the before-axle exit due to possibly melting the e-brake cable?
Old 08-24-2013, 06:23 AM
JK Newbie

Default Thanks Mike.

Originally Posted by MikeRM
Muffler Man on Dixie Hwy. near Scott Lk. Rd. was known for custom work. It been a while for me though.
I'll check it out and see if he's still there. That's pretty close to my house. Appreciate the time everyone on here has taken to post an answer. Jeepers are some of the nicest people I've met.
Old 08-24-2013, 06:29 AM
JK Newbie

Default Oops. Guess I should have read on before replying.

Originally Posted by Dynomax
This is true if a cut isn't made to the system for the 2 door. Many have made this work on a 2 door. The "official" stance is it won't fit. But Jeepers are known to modify.
Good question.
Thanks for the answer, Sir. Mind if I ask which system you think sounds the most like a V-8? You know, that throaty roar on acceleration and the burble at idle. I have noticed that Dynamax's products are priced much more reasonably than a lot of their competitors which is a great thing when you live on a fixed income like me.
Old 08-28-2013, 08:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JAHII
I'll have to check out the Rock Crawler. Do you mind if I ask why you say to stay away from a dual exit? My Jeep is kinda throwback in that I love chrome and one of the things I was thinking about were chromed tips. I don't really do any hardcore wheeling anymore so I don't foresee rock crawling in my future. Usually just trails and sometimes I go up to the Silver Lake sand dunes. Mostly I'd like a little bump in horsepower and as close to a V-8 burble as I can get.
I stand corrected, I was going to buy the rock crawler but instead I went with the Evo Comp. IMPO unless you have a V8 dont go dual, just my opinion. To be honest with you there really is no HP gains. You need alot more add ons' to see any gains. Do believe what you read.

Semper Fi
Old 08-28-2013, 08:34 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile

Thanks for the answer, Sir. Mind if I ask which system you think sounds the most like a V-8? You know, that throaty roar on acceleration and the burble at idle. I have noticed that Dynamax's products are priced much more reasonably than a lot of their competitors which is a great thing when you live on a fixed income like me.
Yep, we try to keep our cost down, when I am the "spokes model" keeps the cost down.
A lot of people like the relocate option we offer.
We also have a great 90 day Sound/Performance Guarantee. If you aren't happy return it for a refund.

Missed the V8 part, our louder systems would probably be the "rock crawler" or the Evolution Competition System, they are about a 5-6 out of a 10.

Last edited by Dynomax; 08-28-2013 at 09:41 AM.
Old 08-28-2013, 09:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Mind if I ask which system you think sounds the most like a V-8?
Hemi swap.

......but seriously...

Hemi swap
Old 09-01-2013, 11:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

AFE MACH FORCE 3" inch. i put this on my 07 jk. great sound. stanless steel. $315.oo is what i paid. no drone civic sound. it bolts up to the Y pipe. when u order it tell them u have 3.8 v6 so u get the 3" exhaust. the pentastar gets the wimpy 2.5" exhaust. my brother says mine sounds like a V8 when ideling. and i agree. i got rid of my gibson stainless single exhaust.
Old 09-02-2013, 04:54 AM
JK Newbie

Default I don't know if the catback for the 3.8 will fit on the 3.6.

Originally Posted by hardcoreoffroad
AFE MACH FORCE 3" inch. i put this on my 07 jk. great sound. stanless steel. $315.oo is what i paid. no drone civic sound. it bolts up to the Y pipe. when u order it tell them u have 3.8 v6 so u get the 3" exhaust. the pentastar gets the wimpy 2.5" exhaust. my brother says mine sounds like a V8 when ideling. and i agree. i got rid of my gibson stainless single exhaust.
Anyway, I'll check it out. Thanks for the input!
Old 09-02-2013, 08:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hardcoreoffroad
I'm going to point out that it does not matter what yours sounds like, his will not sound the same, no matter if he gets the 2.5" or 3"
As I've pointed out numerous times in exhaust threads, the 3.6 is a COMPLETELY different beast.
When people come in to an exhaust thread recommending the exhaust they have on their 3.8 for someone that has a 3.6, prepare for it to sound not anything alike.

Getting the 3.6 to "sound like a V8" is pretty much an impracticality.
It was much easier on the 3.8, and even then, you can say it sounds like a V8 all you wan't.... it doesn't.

Not trying to be a debby downer, just being realistic.
Old 09-02-2013, 09:55 AM
JK Newbie

Default I mappreciate your frankness, Nantaru.

Originally Posted by Namtaru
I'm going to point out that it does not matter what yours sounds like, his will not sound the same, no matter if he gets the 2.5" or 3"
As I've pointed out numerous times in exhaust threads, the 3.6 is a COMPLETELY different beast.
When people come in to an exhaust thread recommending the exhaust they have on their 3.8 for someone that has a 3.6, prepare for it to sound not anything alike.

Getting the 3.6 to "sound like a V8" is pretty much an impracticality.
It was much easier on the 3.8, and even then, you can say it sounds like a V8 all you wan't.... it doesn't.

Not trying to be a debby downer, just being realistic.
Sorry, meant Namtaru and appreciate above.

That's why I stated I had a 3.6. I know they sound different and I know getting one to sound like a V-8 really won't happen. The deeper tone I'm talking about really sounds more like a sports car-type sound but at idle it does have that V8 burble. I just want to make sure I don't get the type of sound I heard on a friend's 3.6 (with a Corsa catback) that sounded like one of the kid's tuner cars. Rather leave her stock than that. The best I've heard off Youtube (which I'm skeptical of the accuracy of) are the 2 Gibsons: the Metal Mulisha and the Gibson Dual axel-back exhaust. They both sound good with the Mulisha sounding deepest. But I've read quite a few negatives things on the Mulisha tips, which are a big selling point for them, in that the tips corrode, discolor and the badging on them ends up looking like crap after a few winters of Michigan-type weather. I had a dual Borla setup on a Caddy I owned and had no probs with the chromed tips holding up through the winters. At my age with a crummy back I won't be doing any hard-core type 'wheeling, more along the lines of light playing in the snow, sand and a little mud. So I'm looking for the sound and the appearance since my 2014 Wrangler Sport is kind of a Driveway Queen, although still quite capable off the pavement. I've got the best lift I've ever had on this Jeep and Bilstein shocks which I'll always keep from here on. I'm a chrome-nut, which goes back to my teenaged years driving muscle cars ('67 Goat, '72 Chevelle, etc.) so I put really beautiful chromed 17" American Racing wheels wrapped with 35X12.50 Toyo M/Ts. Also put a chrome grill-slot kit on it, a chrome gas cap cover and some chrome windshield KCs that I recycled from my last Jeep, an '07 Unlimited. Gotta say, she looks purty sweet. Thanks for the honesty, Bro.

Last edited by JAHII; 09-02-2013 at 09:58 AM.

Quick Reply: Looking for a Custom Exhaust Shop in the Clarkston/Waterford MI area