Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Looking for Body Lift answers

Old 10-24-2021, 02:35 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Looking for Body Lift answers

I went through a bunch of posts and I cant find a yes or no answer so now Im looking here for help. I have a 1.25 teraflex body lift I want to install in my 2014 Jeep JK Sport 2 door with a 6 Speed (Manual Transmission). So before I go through the hassel of installing this can someone that has done this upgrade answer this question:

I have a question that I truly need answered but I would like to hear from members who actually have installed this kit in there Jeep and actually know for a fact what happens. No offense but I'm not hear to debate what Body lift is better or anyone's opinion on body lift vs suspension. I already know that there is an issue with body lifts causing you manual transmission to jump out of gear but Rough Country sells an adapter to change the shifter and it states that by using this $60.00 adapter my Jeep wont pop out of gear, AND I wont have to trim the internal boot to get the shifter to work? Is any of this True or False, that is all I want to know. Is it worth buying the adapter or is it not going to work and it's just a waste of money that I can use on something else?

Thanks for your help in advance..
Old 10-24-2021, 07:33 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 366 Likes on 290 Posts

Whats the pourpose of the body lift?
The following users liked this post:
Sixty4x4 (10-24-2021)
Old 10-24-2021, 08:30 PM
Super Moderator

Received 474 Likes on 425 Posts

Even if you lift the body the chassis still gets hung up on obstacles!

Quick Reply: Looking for Body Lift answers