Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Looking for aluminum fender ideas...

Old 09-26-2014, 08:03 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jnabird333
Your are right and I REALLY like the styling, but the gusseting would be a total PITA to get mud and crud out of!

Edit to add pic.

beautiful jeeps guys, this red one may have helped me make up my mind, i have the Poison Spyder rear fenders sitting in my dining room and the front fenders just shipped tonight from Poison Spyder, which with me being in Maine gives me a good 5+ days for me to think about how i'm going to finish them...

i was trying to decide between paint or powder coating, but then i saw a couple of nice photos on the Poison Spyder website of two JK's with buffed aluminum ones, and now i see a photo that i think is showing buffed/polished PS flares.

can the owner of this Red JK with the silver fenders give us/me some details on the finish on his/her fenders, are they bare aluminum or some light color paint?

i'd love to know as much as possible from anyone who buffed raw aluminum PS fenders so i can do a better job on mine and learn from others experiences good or bad!

matthew
Old 09-26-2014, 08:46 PM
JK Freak

That red JK is Crawler Conceptz rig.
Old 09-26-2014, 08:47 PM
JK Freak

lose the fenders, go full armored quarter panels.
Old 09-26-2014, 08:50 PM
JK Freak

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Mountain Man Tim
lose the fenders, go full armored quarter panels.
That's what I'm going with. River Raider full fender armor. Completely deletes the flares. I love that look.
Old 09-27-2014, 02:50 PM
JK Newbie

Leaning towards the genrite aluminum 4" flares.

Quick Reply: Looking for aluminum fender ideas...