Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Looking for aftermarket exhaust

Old 06-15-2016, 07:27 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by MagnaFlow
Thanks for the recommendation!

Our black 15160 (axle back) and 19327 (catback) systems have been popular options for the JK community, or if you were worried about smashing the tailpipes on rocks, we have the Off-Road Series Pro which is slightly more aggressive, and exits under the car. If we can answer any questions, feel free to shoot us a PM!
Do you have anything that moves the exhaust cross over BEHIND the transmission cross member in a 2 door JK, similar to the AFE Y-Pipe for 4 doors? I am currently running exhaust spacers and I believe they are leaking. I hear sputtering when doorless. I'd want something that will replace everything from where the spacers are and back.

But most importantly, I would want something that has a good throaty sound on acceleration, but doesn't have that constant drone at highway speeds. I had a Gipson muffler on at one point, and the drone was so loud at highway speeds it gave me a headache.
Old 06-15-2016, 02:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by coolhand129
I have a Magnaflow Rockcrawler exhaust which goes over the rear axle and dumps out right after the axle. Nice sound
that's the one I've been looking at!! How do you like it.
Old 06-15-2016, 05:19 PM
JK Newbie

I have mbrp, and luv it
Old 06-16-2016, 04:14 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ShutterBug
Do you have anything that moves the exhaust cross over BEHIND the transmission cross member in a 2 door JK, similar to the AFE Y-Pipe for 4 doors? I am currently running exhaust spacers and I believe they are leaking. I hear sputtering when doorless. I'd want something that will replace everything from where the spacers are and back. But most importantly, I would want something that has a good throaty sound on acceleration, but doesn't have that constant drone at highway speeds. I had a Gipson muffler on at one point, and the drone was so loud at highway speeds it gave me a headache.
I believe the new Borla Climber kit does exactly that… It's what I have been looking at because it's also one of the few available for a 2dr, and claims to be "drone free." Pricey though, so I've been hoping to see more reports from others before I take the leap... Especially because it requires a cut in the factory pipe, so there isn't a good option to go back to stock if I hate it. In addition, I'd like to be rid of the stock muffler so I can mount my OBA there. Not many options for that in the 2dr world.

Last edited by neZZr; 06-16-2016 at 04:34 AM.
Old 06-16-2016, 06:38 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Yeah, I saw the Climber and cutting the stock pipe is something I won't do. That manifold is part of the head. Not an easy piece to replace.

The other option is to DIY the cross pipe - which is not something I am equipped to tackle.

If the Climber didn't require that cut, and wasn't so damn expensive, it's be at the top of my -what-to-do-to-this-thing-next list.
Old 06-16-2016, 09:08 AM
Former Vendor

Do you have anything that moves the exhaust cross over BEHIND the transmission cross member in a 2 door JK, similar to the AFE Y-Pipe for 4 doors? I am currently running exhaust spacers and I believe they are leaking. I hear sputtering when doorless. I'd want something that will replace everything from where the spacers are and back.

But most importantly, I would want something that has a good throaty sound on acceleration, but doesn't have that constant drone at highway speeds. I had a Gipson muffler on at one point, and the drone was so loud at highway speeds it gave me a headache.
Yes, we do! Our 19211 Y pipe deletes the loop, and moves the crossover behind the trans support. For the catback, we would recommend the 15116 (single tip), 19236 (dual tip polished), or 19327 (dual tip black) for a nice conservative volume and deep tone without the drone!
Old 06-16-2016, 02:52 PM
JK Newbie

Yeah, I saw the Climber and cutting the stock pipe is something I won't do. That manifold is part of the head. Not an easy piece to replace. The other option is to DIY the cross pipe - which is not something I am equipped to tackle. If the Climber didn't require that cut, and wasn't so damn expensive, it's be at the top of my -what-to-do-to-this-thing-next list.
That's not part of the head, but it is part of the catalytic converter, which is a very expensive piece. Cutting that is the only way to remove the loop, and most of the options I've seen also require cutting to move the crossover pipe behind the crossmember (i.e. Rough County, Magnaflow)
Old 09-04-2016, 01:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Finally found a exhaust. Will a 08 fit on a 14? Looks the same to me. It's a Borla.
Old 09-04-2016, 01:46 PM
JK Newbie

Cool

Originally Posted by MagnaFlow
You can find more info on this system at the link below!

Performance Exhaust 17144

Attachment 649750

I went with this and I'm very happy with it. Nice, noticeable note, but not too loud or obnoxious in any way. I like that it's hidden away and removes a little bulk from the back of the vehicle.
My ego-driven butt dyno probably thinks there is a performance gain, but I doubt it's enough to care about, and that's not why I bought it anyway.
Old 09-04-2016, 01:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lwp411
I went with this and I'm very happy with it. Nice, noticeable note, but not too loud or obnoxious in any way. I like that it's hidden away and removes a little bulk from the back of the vehicle. My ego-driven butt dyno probably thinks there is a performance gain, but I doubt it's enough to care about, and that's not why I bought it anyway.
I'm picking up a Borla tomorrow. I don't like the dual exit but I'll get over it.

Quick Reply: Looking for aftermarket exhaust